XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

07-10-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

2012 X6M w engine problem $13k

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 13,000.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Selling my 2012 X6M 100k miles

On Airlift /Air force air bag suspension.
Runs and drives with clacking sound.

Willing to ship anywhere in US
Location Las Vegas.

On fresh rebuild under 1k miles later it started developing a clicking sound on idle thought it could have been low oil issue that caused me to rebuild it the first time, but it's not
( story: it started smoking a few years ago and. Ended up having a rod issue/ did a rebuild and it ran fine till recently it started making a ticking noise which gradually increased to clacking sound timed with the rpm's) similar sound that Nissan 350z used to make when oil was getting low.

This is a mechanic special or anyone who is an enthusiast would easily be able to get this repaired and up and running for a few thousand.

Options:
if it's block, buy refurbished or good used long block for $3-4k and swap the whole thing.

If it's valves same deal but with head

If you want to just swap for a refurbished or good running used engine complete you send this one as core charge and buy the replacement for around $5-7k

This car is in fair condition it has paint scratches probably need an entire side sprayed.
Interior is a 6/10 because of some wear on the plastic trims from my dog lol nothing broken just looks worn.
Leather is decent no tears or stains just slight wear.

Key lock on driver side just started having a problem, might need the actuator replaced but those are super cheap.

I see similar ones going for $24-26k in same condition minus the paint issue.
I'm thinking of quick sale for $13k as is or $11k if I swap the stock suspension back on.

Can also sell it as a shell only for $9k
I had it on the market for $24k before the taxi scraped my driver side nothing deep no real body work needed just spray, then the engine started making the clacking sound and it got worse and worse so I stopped driving it.
Gabe 213-210-5923
With questions, if you need additional pictures just text me

07-11-2022, 06:08 PM   #2
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Here are the pics
Attached Images

07-23-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Pending sale!
      01-20-2023, 10:50 PM   #4
JellyStyle
Builder of Special Cars
Rep
Drives: G12 B7,F02 750li,E70 X5M,E46M3

Still available?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 10:15 AM   #5
Fortyounces3
Banned
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
Selling my 2012 X6M 100k miles

On Airlift /Air force air bag suspension.
Runs and drives with clacking sound.

Willing to ship anywhere in US
Location Las Vegas.

On fresh rebuild under 1k miles later it started developing a clicking sound on idle thought it could have been low oil issue that caused me to rebuild it the first time, but it's not
( story: it started smoking a few years ago and. Ended up having a rod issue/ did a rebuild and it ran fine till recently it started making a ticking noise which gradually increased to clacking sound timed with the rpm's) similar sound that Nissan 350z used to make when oil was getting low.

This is a mechanic special or anyone who is an enthusiast would easily be able to get this repaired and up and running for a few thousand.

Options:
if it's block, buy refurbished or good used long block for $3-4k and swap the whole thing.

If it's valves same deal but with head

If you want to just swap for a refurbished or good running used engine complete you send this one as core charge and buy the replacement for around $5-7k

This car is in fair condition it has paint scratches probably need an entire side sprayed.
Interior is a 6/10 because of some wear on the plastic trims from my dog lol nothing broken just looks worn.
Leather is decent no tears or stains just slight wear.

Key lock on driver side just started having a problem, might need the actuator replaced but those are super cheap.

I see similar ones going for $24-26k in same condition minus the paint issue.
I'm thinking of quick sale for $13k as is or $11k if I [...]
Where are you located?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 05:27 PM   #6
Tundraguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06,2008 tundra

I would like to know where to get a good used long block that cheap?
Appreciate 0