XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
MHaynes772
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0

Question for yall...

Hey guys,

I have a 2009 BMW X6 50. With 28,000 mile right now. Just want to see if yall had similar situations as me. I bought the car in MS when I lived there and now live in NaShville. My first experience at their dealer was when my car said the engine oil was low and needed to add some. I took it in and they told me it was a 'routine' maintenance so I was going to have to pay for the oil. After I eventually got aggrivated and said I would just keep driving until it blew up and they could replace my motor under warranty if it did, they aggreed to add some oil. My experience at the dealer has been great ever since, but now my driver side front brake is squeeling horibly. When I was visiting family in MS where I bought the car, they said it can be fixed under warranty but they didn't have time to get to it since I was home for only a 2 days. So I gotta take it to the Nashville dealer and I just fear they'll tell me it isn't under warranty. What are your opinions? Should it be covered?

Also got to take it in because there is a loud ticking come front what sounds like the transmission. It almost sounds like the valves but it's coming from under the car. Also I started my car 2 days ago and it strted bucking and shaking and then said reduced engine power and wouldn't even barely go. So I turned it off. And now it's fine. Weird.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
sariggs1
Scott R.
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 xDrive 50I

Garage List
2012 X6 50I  [0.00]
2006 Volvo XC90 V8  [0.00]
2001 996 Turbo  [0.00]
Definately take it in. All maintenance is covered including a quart of oil. My car said low, I called the dealer, they said come on by and put a quart in, not even any paperwork.

They should be brakes or anything, that is what the full covereage to 50,000 miles is for, nothing is excluded unless it is damaged by the driver. Call the regional rep if you have problems. Hopefully the first experience was an anomaly.
Black Sapphire Metallic with Saddle Brown Nevada Leather, Comfort Access keyless entry, Running boards, Rear-View Camera, Dark Bamboo wood trim, HUD, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Rear Climate Package, Sport Package, Euro Black Kidney Grill, Euro Side Markers, Black Double Spoke 215 Wheels...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

For the first 50k miles EVERYTHING is under warranty except tires. You can take it to any BMW dealer doesn't matter where you bought it. I am surprised about the oil delar is usually pretty good about adding without any hassle.

The squeal may just be the brake sensors and not the brakes , it's a minor adjustment.
Appreciate 0