XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #23
cosmin49
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 e70

Hi everyone, I've recently retrofitted my e70 with top HiFi. Purchased the kit from a CCC x5 and mine is CIC. First I've noticed some problems with amp not working 100% correctly so bought a later model for CIC. Now all previous issues had ben sorted but noticed sound cut out and back in continously when at max volume. Anyone have a clue? Could it be the speakers to week for the amp? If I use the fader and cut out front no issues when playing rear only. When fader on front is cutting out but if only left OR right only not problem. Seems to be a power supply issue but not sure. I'm using 10AWG straight to battery. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #24
nelll99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i, 2007 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlinggi View Post
Thanks JLed79. Yeah. Should do that. But mine has no equalizer. I guess equalizer is only trown in for Top Hi Fi sound system and Individual Sound systems only. How I wish I had it on my CIC. Finding out from the local BMW office whether I can replace my Hi Fi Amp with Top Hi Fi amp on Hi Fi wiring harness. Then I can get my CIC retrofitted to work the equaliser.

I know that if Top Hi Fi sound system runs on fiber optic cables than it would not be possible cause my Hi Fi sound system runs on copper (i guess, but definately not on fiber optic cables that connect to the MOST harness) They will get back to me by next Monday. Will keep posting.

If anyone can add their knowledge on this matter, I welcome.
Did you ever find out if you can replace the hifi amp with the top hifi amp? I would love for this to work! Thanks/
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #25
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll99 View Post
Did you ever find out if you can replace the hifi amp with the top hifi amp? I would love for this to work! Thanks/
HiFi and HiFi DSP use different amps. DSP amp has 3 connectors; 1 for power, 1 for MOST Bus and 1 for the speakers

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0