XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
userx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

X6 - Finding tracker

I bought a used X6 this week, which comes with a tracker, but the seller wanted extra money for info and manual for the tracker. I refused to pay as that's unethical and was part of the sale agreement.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if there is any way I can identify the location of a tracker in the X6 (I have no idea if it's a built in tracker or externally placed) and then subscribe to it. Any advice will be useful as a tracker is essential to get the car insured.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #2
Blackscreen67
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by userx6 View Post
I bought a used X6 this week, which comes with a tracker, but the seller wanted extra money for info and manual for the tracker. I refused to pay as that's unethical and was part of the sale agreement.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if there is any way I can identify the location of a tracker in the X6 (I have no idea if it's a built in tracker or externally placed) and then subscribe to it. Any advice will be useful as a tracker is essential to get the car insured.
I think there may be laws against this.

If I remember correctly trackers are most of the time deemed highly illegal especially without consent.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
userx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

I agree this is against privacy laws, but I am trying to make it work in the short term if possible - if not am looking at buying a new expensive tracker.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #4
Blackscreen67
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by userx6 View Post
I agree this is against privacy laws, but I am trying to make it work in the short term if possible - if not am looking at buying a new expensive tracker.
Small claims court would be your best bet for a swift resolution. Sue for cost of replacement, or they can jist provide you with the details.
Appreciate 0