XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
DevisedByDev
Rep
Drives: 2009 Xdrive35d

2011 Comfort Seats w/ Vent & Active in 2009 X5 w Sports?

So I'm aware of many folks doing the Comfort seat swap but haven't seen anyone doing Comfort Seats that come with Ventilation (cooling) and Active (massage). I am getting ready to ship the entire interior for a 2011 X5 with the M package but now I'm getting a bit scared! Not an insignificant amount of money.

Problem is, I have a 2009 which I don't believe was ever optioned with Active? I might be wrong on that but can't seem to find those seats. I have found the OEM button option for the dash for both Heating & Ventilation (I currently only have heating). I have Sports seats with heating that are horribly uncomfortable to me.

Do you think I can get the Vent and Active features to work? I currently have no seat climate options through my CCC iDrive. Not even sure this was offered until the CIC models.

At this point, thinking I might be better off bailing and simply looking for Comfort seats with heating. 've read so many mixed reviews about Ventilation and Action. I do like the idea of having Vent & Active features though.

Any insights?

Last edited by DevisedByDev; 01-26-2021 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
DevisedByDev
Rep

Well, hoping folks knowledgeable will chime in. At this point, I am playing it safe and decided not to buy the 2011 comfort seats with heating, ventilation, and active massage features.

Now I am trying to determine if ventilation and active massage were offered features in 2009 or earlier 2010 with CCC. I am assuming if features like massage were not offered that I wouldn't have an option to program this feature into my CCC iDrive. If I am wrong, please do tell!

So in my search through BMW OEM parts this is what I have found across a few years:

2007-2013 seats will physically bolt up just fine across all X5 models. I have not validated this 110% but most used parts dealers offer these years as being physically compatible.

2008 X5 seat options:

Basic, Sport and Comfort seat options.

Offers the butt seat cushion pad in Comfort with and without "climate control".

Offers Comfort with or without ventilation for seat back pad.

Does not show ventilation option for seat butt pad but only backrest. Does not show any "Active" or "Massage".

Back Rest Options: "Comfort seat, without m model, with vented seat. Comfort seat, without m model, with climate seats."

Butt Pad Options: "Comfort seat, without m model, with climate seats." & "Comfort seat, without m model, without climate seats."

2009 seat options:

Same as 2008 above. No major changes that I can identify.

2010 seat options:

Same as 2008 & 2009 above. No major changes that I can identify.

2011 - 2013 seat options (1st full year of face-lift and CIC)

Same as 2008, 2009 & 2010 above. No major changes that I can identify.

This actually does NOT line up with the offerings I have seen. I absolutely see comfort seats being offered with perforated upper and lowers with the "massage" feature + ventilation in 2011, 2012 and 2013 models. Still trying to find them offered in the 2009 and 2010 models.

Nor can I find any OEM part numbers specific to the massage feature and associated parts within these seats from 2008 to 2013.

Maybe I am overlooking the BMW description in their parts diagrams for "massage" feature?

Not sure how much this helps but will update as I confirm things further.

Basically for me, I want to match the highest optioned Comfort Seat with CCC X5 E70s so I don't run into coding options or have seat features that I cannot unlock.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:47 AM   #3
DevisedByDev
Rep

Ok so maybe I figured out why I could not identify the active massage in the parts diagrams.

Apparently the Comfort seats with the Ventilation package include both ventilation and massaging. So if you order Ventilation...you will also get Massage. They come together but cannot be optioned separately.

If this holds true, then I assume when you activate the Vent button on your dash that is activates both venting and massage?

So now I need to confirm if my CCC iDrive can successfully control newer seats from CIC models.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #4
DevisedByDev
Rep

Sorry guys for continued posts but trying to document for others in future. But I think I solved my own mystery.

So now I am focused on the highest optioned Dash Control module and button options related to Comfort seats.

I have confirmed that the Dash Control module for Comfort Seats with Climate and Vent are all the same!

So logic dictates that regardless if you have CCC or CIC E70 that all seats are backwards and forwards compatible! Obviously, some programming and additional control modules may be needed depending on your existing OEM factory options. For me, I will need to upgrade the Dash Control unit for sure.

And once again, if you have the Ventilated Option....you automatically get the Active Massage. Does anyone disagree?

2009 Year - Dash Control Unit
64-11-9-310-450
Heater Control

X5. X6. With atc 4 zone. With climatized seats. With cooling front seats. With 4 zone cntrl, with vented seats.

2013 Year - Dash Control Unit
64-11-9-310-450
Heater Control

X5. X6. With atc 4 zone. With climatized seats. With cooling front seats. With 4 zone cntrl, with vented seats.
Appreciate 0