XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M E70

Name or part number on hose for X5M E70?

Hello everyone, new here.
First of all I want to say WOW!!! This car is amazing, LOVE IT, comfort, luxury, and power in a single vehicle
Now, I have an issue, I started my car this morning and let it warm for about 10 mins, then it started making this noice, open the hood and started looking around, pup the plastic engine cover off and found a plastic hose broken, it looks like there's fumes going through it (oil), it's has quick connects at each end with 4 plastic locks on each
Hoping some one can give me a part number or name on this hose?
Added some pics, looks like it was take it before *
Thank you in advance
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

01-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

That's one of the crappy plastic CCV lines that are the bane of all s63 and n63 engines. Best replace all of them as they will drive you nuts as they fail one by one. Replace the head to head coolant line to by the turbos too or replace it's plastic y connection with a metal one, it's the other weak spot that fails all the time.

Go to realoem.com and put in last 7 of your Vin, complete parts breakdown of everything you need. Recommend FCPeuro for parts, lifetime warranty on everything.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #3
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
That's one of the crappy plastic CCV lines that are the bane of all s63 and n63 engines. Best replace all of them as they will drive you nuts as they fail one by one. Replace the head to head coolant line to by the turbos too or replace it's plastic y connection with a metal one, it's the other weak spot that fails all the time.

Go to realoem.com and put in last 7 of your Vin, complete parts breakdown of everything you need. Recommend FCPeuro for parts, lifetime warranty on everything.
Thanks, already got the one hose from fcpeuro
And will start looking for the rest of them hoses, this one looks very easy to change, hope the rest of them are not hard to change
      01-11-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredondo1985 View Post
And will start looking for the rest of them hoses, this one looks very easy to change, hope the rest of them are not hard to change
All are easy except for the two that connect to the lower intakes, especially the drivers side. Your neighbors will most likely call the cops for a domestic disturbance when you work on thinking your are murdering someone it's such a pain in the ass

Recommend you do the easy way and just take off the wheel and remove inner fender well cover like I did, more work but much less stress. Otherwise long handled needle nose pliers and cutters can do the job too along with a few hours of cursing and questioning your sanity.

The problem with using cutters and pliers is the release tabs usually break so you have to cut it off and if you damage the plastic intake manifold, only way to repair is to remove the engine so if you do it that way, use caution.

Going through the fender well requires more steps and you need to pickup a plastic rivet gun (harbor freight) but it's much easier and overall takes less time, you need to only remove the front half of the inner fender well cover.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 01-11-2021 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:32 PM   #5
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Quote:
All are easy except for the two that connect to the lower intakes, especially the drivers side. Your neighbors will most likely call the cops for a domestic disturbance when you work on thinking your are murdering someone it's such a pain in the ass

Recommend you do the easy way and just take off the wheel and remove inner fender well cover like I did, more work but much less stress. Otherwise long handled needle nose pliers and cutters can do the job too along with a few hours of cursing and questioning your sanity.

The problem with using cutters and pliers is the release tabs usually break so you have to cut it off and if you damage the plastic intake manifold, only way to repair is to remove the engine so if you do it that way, use caution.

Going through the fender well requires more steps and you need to pickup a plastic rivet gun (harbor freight) but it's much easier and overall takes less time, you need to only remove the front half of the inner fender well cover.
🤣🤣🤣 in know I'm good at coursing 😂 so that will be easy.
Thanks for the tips, will definitely use them and will add a couple of beers 🍺 to keep the stress low 😁
      01-11-2021, 07:04 PM   #6
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

That top hose was covered under an extended warranty or recall iirc. But sadly only the top one which is super easy to change. The side ones are a pain in the ass. Get some really long needle noise pliers with angled tip. Really helpful for the driver side since it's hard to get your arm/hand down to the connection. Also you'll want to unbolt the expansion tank and move it aside as much as possible. On the passenger side in order to slide in the hose into the right spot the only way I could figure out how to do it was disconnect the fitting/connector part on end of the hose on one side, slide hose into place, then reconnect the fitting.
      01-12-2021, 06:42 AM   #7
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
That top hose was covered under an extended warranty or recall iirc. But sadly only the top one which is super easy to change. The side ones are a pain in the ass. Get some really long needle noise pliers with angled tip. Really helpful for the driver side since it's hard to get your arm/hand down to the connection. Also you'll want to unbolt the expansion tank and move it aside as much as possible. On the passenger side in order to slide in the hose into the right spot the only way I could figure out how to do it was disconnect the fitting/connector part on end of the hose on one side, slide hose into place, then reconnect the fitting.
Got ya.
Now, I changed that top hose last night, at idle seems and sounds fine, but I took it on the highway and stepped on it, misfire and went to power safe mode, pulled over stop the engine for a few mins restarted and it went away, scanned and it gave me this codes.

2EC3: 0X2EC3 LIN BUS, COMMUNICATION ERROR

2B19: 0X2B19 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, CYLINDER 4

2B18: 0X2B18 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, CYLINDER 3

2B22: 0X2B22 COMBUSTION MISFIRE, SEVERAL CYLINDERS

Erased codes and drove back home "normally" and didn't do it again, this morning I drove it to work like a normal human been 🤣 and didn't do it neither.
Do you think it could be just ignition coils and/or spark plugs? Or could it be injectors?
About a month and a half ago it did the same but it only read misfire on cylinder 4 (was stock) after that I stepped on it and won't do it again till Sunday after doing downpipes and tune
      01-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #8
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Quote:
Quote:
Got ya.
Now, I changed that top hose last night, at idle seems and sounds fine, but I took it on the highway and stepped on it, misfire and went to power safe mode, pulled over stop the engine for a few mins restarted and it went away, scanned and it gave me this codes.

Erased codes and drove back home "normally" and didn't do it again, this morning I drove it to work like a normal human been 🤣 and didn't do it neither.
Do you think it could be just ignition coils and/or spark plugs? Or could it be injectors?
About a month and a half ago it did the same but it only read misfire on cylinder 4 (was stock) after that I stepped on it and won't do it again till Sunday after doing downpipes and tune
Mine also threw misfire codes for a bit after changing the hoses. I think it was a result of the fuel trim needing to adjust back to normal. Took a few days of driving for my fuel trim %s to return to normal. There should be some way to reset that but I dont know how. Probably need some Bmw software like inpa or ista. Just driving normally did the trick for me.
      01-12-2021, 07:47 AM   #9
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got ya.

Mine also threw misfire codes for a bit after changing the hoses. I think it was a result of the fuel trim needing to adjust back to normal. Took a few days of driving for my fuel trim %s to return to normal. There should be some way to reset that but I dont know how. Probably need some Bmw software like inpa or ista. Just driving normally did the trick for me.
😁 Hopefully that's it, will give it a week or so driving slow then, will see how responds after
Ones again bud, thank a lot
      01-12-2021, 09:52 AM   #10
eDubz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

You'll probably need plugs and coils if you're tuning...Eldor coils and NGK Plugs (I forget the appropriate plug number, but it's all over the forum).

2013 X3 35i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #11
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDubz View Post
You'll probably need plugs and coils if you're tuning...Eldor coils and NGK Plugs (I forget the appropriate plug number, but it's all over the forum).
What's the difference between the ones you said and the ones on the below picture?
Asking cus already order the kit last night, but might be able to cancel it
[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

01-12-2021, 01:31 PM   #12
S.W.G.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i, X5 35I, 2012 X5M

I've noticed that I have oil on this same channel where the hose resides. I've inspected and not found any cracks though...i cant imagine any other way for oil to get there. Are bad seals on the connector a possibility?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #13
eDubz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Quote:
What's the difference between the ones you said and the ones on the below picture?
[IMG][/IMG]
Review this thread...

Best Spark Plugs for Tune https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1721148

2013 X3 35i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 02:57 PM   #14
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.W.G. View Post
I've noticed that I have oil on this same channel where the hose resides. I've inspected and not found any cracks though...i cant imagine any other way for oil to get there. Are bad seals on the connector a possibility?
It could be one of the O-rings that seals the connection,rubber after time gives up, specially with oil, it could also be a really tinny crack on the hose or just oil dripped from when doing an oil change
      01-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #15
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Review this thread...

Best Spark Plugs for Tune https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1721148
Thanks bud, unfortunately can't cancel order now 😔 ordered them from FCP last night and already shipped, should get them tomorrow since they are like 40mins from my house
      01-24-2021, 06:35 PM   #16
fredondo1985
X5M E70 S63
United_States
Rep

Just an update guys, I finally got some time to change my spark plugs and coils (all 8 of them)
Natasha (from Marvel, that's her name 🤣 for been so sexy but aggressive at the same time&#128520
She is running like a beast, between the sound after changing downpipes, RK tune,NGK spark plugs,eldor coils, and XHP transmission flash tune. Boy this thing moves.
Thank you very much for the tips provided