XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
praypray11
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5

2009 BMW x5 3.0 Issue

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 09 x5 3.0 in the US with abut 84k miles and I got a quick question. I just replaced the spark plugs since I noticed that it hast been changed yet. Couples days later it ran fine but now I am getting these error messages when I try to start it up and the car wouldn't start up...so I unplug the battery let it sit out for a day and next thing i know the starts right up?!.

Then I try it again later and I get this message
"AWD and DSC Malfunction"
"DBC Malfunction"
"Start off Assistance inactive"

These codes went away when I steer the wheel all the way to left and right but now the ABS brake light is on along with check engine light.

Took it to the o'reilly auto parts and it spit out 4 codes
P103A
P105B
P1056
P1017

Right after the code was register the check engine light is gone and the lady told me she hasn't erased it?!!

But now the car will crank and wont start with all these error messages.

I am so confused to what in the world is going on with this car?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:20 PM   #2
praypray11
Rep

Update! It randomly started and took it to Autozone and got battery tested, it appears the battery was bad? But I do not understand as to why everything in the car works such as navg, ac, lights, trunk latch every electronic thing? I tired again this morning and it failed to start (cranked but shut down immediately). Will be changing the battery soon this week.

Any information would be helpful!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 12:28 AM   #3
Lviv777
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 330e, C8 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by praypray11 View Post
Update! It randomly started and took it to Autozone and got battery tested, it appears the battery was bad? But I do not understand as to why everything in the car works such as navg, ac, lights, trunk latch every electronic thing? I tired again this morning and it failed to start (cranked but shut down immediately). Will be changing the battery soon this week.

Any information would be helpful!
Make sure the battery is properly changed, and registered or else there might be more issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 12:32 AM   #4
Lviv777
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 330e, C8 Vette

https://www.justanswer.com/car/c4t4j...05b-p1056.html
Check this out. Most likely electronic issue, that has to do with battery. Take it to indy if you can't figure it out from here.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
praypray11
Rep

No start still

Here a quick video of whats going on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J_M...jg3yR_ZXb/view

I'm not sure whats going on because I tried to jumpstart? I feel like something might be draining the battery? Wondering if anyone else had this issue in the past..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #6
JulianaSK
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by praypray11 View Post
Here a quick video of whats going on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J_M...jg3yR_ZXb/view

I'm not sure whats going on because I tried to jumpstart? I feel like something might be draining the battery? Wondering if anyone else had this issue in the past..
I had the same issues with my x5 when I didn’t drive that suv for 6 months. If you recently bought the car, likely the car was not being driven for a while and needs a new batt. Trying to charge the batt doesn’t help much if the batt is already over 3 years old.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Hey just to confirm, I have had batteries close to dying in a couple BMWs and I will tell you that they get completely wacky - all different sorts of codes, lights, etc. And they can be intermittent, if the battery is on the edge. If you ever see odd things happening, the #1 thing to check is your battery.
This likely applies to any new electronic-laden vehicle.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #8
praypray11
Rep

so I took it to an indy today and he told me its something electrical with the computer that is affecting the battery? Apparently that part has some water/erosion in it. I will follow up with an update once I get it fixed..Thanks y'all for your input. I also do want to get the battery changed. My first BMW and it breaks down after 2 weeks OYE VEY! Still love the car like there's no tomorrow though
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
quick
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo

Look at the carfax and see if it came from Texas, could be either a flooded vehicle or may be the previous owner spilled something in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #10
praypray11
Rep

Sorry to resurrect this post from the dead but I still do not have a solution. I also changed the battery and everything. I took to an indy and he said something about a chip being fried in the ECM. He said he cannot find anything else that's wrong with it, other than the ECM being fried and something that keeps frying it. Not sure what is happening but just curious if anybody else is having this issue?
Appreciate 0