XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

08-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #67
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Looking good!
Are you happy with where you have landed with the Pure Turbos and tuning?
It seems that Burger has dropped the JB4 and all support for our trucks... NLA , now I'm stuck with a flash, until I can get some help.

What wheels are those?

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #68
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Looking good!
Are you happy with where you have landed with the Pure Turbos and tuning?
It seems that Burger has dropped the JB4 and all support for our trucks... NLA , now I'm stuck with a flash, until I can get some help.

What wheels are those?
Thank you man!

I still need to get the JB4 installed and then hopefully I can log and improve the tune. Planning on getting it installed and run it on map 1 just for the added 4psi of boost it'll stack on top of the tune. Really feel like my current tune isn't fully utilizing the potential of the new turbos so I hope this will help. It sucks that BMS stopped making the JB4 for our trucks I don't get why

The wheels are made by MV Forged and are the ML10 model. My one regret was not going with a 21" instead of 22" because it sucks trying to find good tires for them. But overall the truck is just about finished except for some cosmetic stuff. Really happy with the way it turned out
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 07:20 PM   #69
pjoX5M
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

Where did you buy the black rear roundel from!?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #70
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjoX5M View Post
Where did you buy the black rear roundel from!?
Email IND they'll make a custom set
Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 08:20 PM   #71
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

heres a pic!

Got a new lens for my Canon 6D and I've been trying to learn more about photography, so I'll post up a lot more pictures here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      08-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #72
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Another!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
UnicornM378.00
      08-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #73
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

These with the MV Forged watermark were shot by my buddy RJtakesphotos, check out his instagram!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
UnicornM378.00
      08-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #74
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

A friend of mine with is widebody M4 build on MV Forged SV1s
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #75
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Loving the way these yellow calipers turned out!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
UnicornM378.00
      08-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #76
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

i cant seem to figure out if your x5m is BSM or Carbon Black? the yellow Calipers look awesome making me consider doing yellow instead of blue or red
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #77
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
i cant seem to figure out if your x5m is BSM or Carbon Black? the yellow Calipers look awesome making me consider doing yellow instead of blue or red
Haha its Carbon Black! Sometimes the car looks fully black in photos because it's been highlighted and desaturated to remove the blueish color like in the MV Forged photos
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #78
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Nice i have the same color combo, I wanted the same style wheels for my x5m but i might wait a year to get them if i dont switch my mind to get ADV1 wheels. The upgrade led headlights look awesome as well wish they werent so expensive to do though lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 12:45 AM   #79
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
Nice i have the same color combo, I wanted the same style wheels for my x5m but i might wait a year to get them if i dont switch my mind to get ADV1 wheels. The upgrade led headlights look awesome as well wish they werent so expensive to do though lol.
Nice! I really like carbon black. It grows on me more and more everytime I see it after a fresh wash.

Great call with ADV you can't go wrong. In the the end, the majority of forged wheels are all cut from the same grade aluminum. Then companies use their name and reputation to slap a price tag on them. MV Forged was started by a friend of mine a few years ago so they're new to the game. He always gives me great deals making it a no brainer for my forged sets. These 22" forged wheels are easily half the weight of the 22" cast 300M replica wheels I had on before. I could feel the difference right away!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 05:33 AM   #80
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Clean. Really liking this!
Appreciate 1
Revnato76.50
      08-09-2017, 07:21 AM   #81
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
love all the shots! car looks great
Appreciate 1
Revnato76.50
      08-09-2017, 07:25 AM   #82
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Nice photos.
I need to work on my camera skills... I am pretty good with my smartphone, but my Nikon is very intimidating.

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 1
Revnato76.50
      08-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #83
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Nice photos.
I need to work on my camera skills... I am pretty good with my smartphone, but my Nikon is very intimidating.
I'm right there with you man, I was really intimidated at first. I basically watched a ton of youtube videos to try to learn as much as possible. Basically you need to learn about three key settings and you've pretty much got it down (ISO, Aperture, and Shutter Speed). They all work in conjunction with one another on Manual mode. Once you start learning more its actually really fun, I'd highly recommend it as a new hobby! I shoot with a 50mm f1.4 Canon lens right now (the "nifty fifty") and its extremely simple and easy to use!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #84
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedX5 View Post
Clean. Really liking this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
love all the shots! car looks great
Thank you guys I really appreciate it! Both of your builds are epic so it means a lot coming from you!

Last edited by Revnato; 08-09-2017 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
UnicornM378.00
      08-11-2017, 01:15 AM   #85
Leonelm3-X5M
M-Power Dallas !!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 Custom HPF 900whp Turbo M3

Garage List
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2012 BMW X5d  [10.00]
2001 BMW M3  [10.00]
Awesome
Awesome
Awesome

I am right behind you guys

I decided to go Pure Turbos instead of Vargas and I just got the email that there Ready! so i will schedule a Dyno with the Pure stg2 turbos before the JB4+BMS tune and After.

I wanted your Velos but if there going to be A$$holes about supporting you or simply treating you right then i can't fool with them.

how do your KWVs ride?

cause i can't stand the H&R sport lowering springs i put on my X5M. the ride height is perfect but the harsh bumpy ride kills me

my smoking came from drowned turbos due to failed valve stem on both sides

anyway, i should be back in SoCal by Thanksgiving, so maybe we can Link up and do a Fall photoshoot?

I'll bring the Models ;-)
Revnato76.50
      08-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #86
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonelm3-X5M View Post
Awesome
Awesome
Awesome

I am right behind you guys

I decided to go Pure Turbos instead of Vargas and I just got the email that there Ready! so i will schedule a Dyno with the Pure stg2 turbos before the JB4+BMS tune and After.

I wanted your Velos but if there going to be A$$holes about supporting you or simply treating you right then i can't fool with them.

how do your KWVs ride?

cause i can't stand the H&R sport lowering springs i put on my X5M. the ride height is perfect but the harsh bumpy ride kills me

my smoking came from drowned turbos due to failed valve stem on both sides

anyway, i should be back in SoCal by Thanksgiving, so maybe we can Link up and do a Fall photoshoot?

I'll bring the Models ;-)
You're going to love the new turbos!! I replaced mine for the same reason, my stock turbos were smoking really bad. Can't go wrong with Pure they have nothing but good reviews!

As far as tuning goes, I'd recommend looking at BPM thats who I went with. However I'm actually thinking about getting it re tuned by Gintani (right next door to me in Santa Monica) because they sit with the car on the dyno for hours getting the tune right while these other guys (Velos, ESS, BPM, etc etc etc) all give you the same off the shelf tune. Plus he can add a burble if I want which sounds pretty cool and makes it that much more unique

Congrats on the JB4! Its really a shame BMS stopped making it for our cars... theres plenty of people who still want one and it sucks that they're no longer producing it for them

I'm getting the JB4 installed next Wednesday. It was suppose to be today but some stuff came up and they cancelled on me. Even on map 1 you'll get an additional 4psi on top of your stage 2 tune, so that alone will make a big difference. Then you can log with it and use fuels mixtures like E30 which will add even more power. Another cool perk is you can read and reset codes that pop up. I wish "Fuel It" would come out with a full E85 fuel conversion for our cars, that would be the ultimate. All these big single turbo n54 335is and other older gen cars are all running straight E85 and gaining ~25whp from it.

The KWs are amazing! Mine aren't bumpy at all and I'm pretty low. I agree H&R springs are harsh and bumpy. I had them on my older m3 and got rid of them almost immediately after installing them. Its one thing to do it for the aesthetics, but then again this a car that you want to be comfortable in and springs alone just don't offer that. You can adjust the dampening and rebound with the KWs so it rides just right without any bumpyness. The only time I rub or bottom out is when I'm on the freeway doing 75+ and hit a gigantic dip. Other than that it rides really comfortably!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #87
Leonelm3-X5M
M-Power Dallas !!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 Custom HPF 900whp Turbo M3

Garage List
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2012 BMW X5d  [10.00]
2001 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revnato View Post
You're going to love the new turbos!! I replaced mine for the same reason, my stock turbos were smoking really bad. Can't go wrong with Pure they have nothing but good reviews!

As far as tuning goes, I'd recommend looking at BPM thats who I went with. However I'm actually thinking about getting it re tuned by Gintani (right next door to me in Santa Monica) because they sit with the car on the dyno for hours getting the tune right while these other guys (Velos, ESS, BPM, etc etc etc) all give you the same off the shelf tune. Plus he can add a burble if I want which sounds pretty cool and makes it that much more unique

Congrats on the JB4! Its really a shame BMS stopped making it for our cars... theres plenty of people who still want one and it sucks that they're no longer producing it for them

I'm getting the JB4 installed next Wednesday. It was suppose to be today but some stuff came up and they cancelled on me. Even on map 1 you'll get an additional 4psi on top of your stage 2 tune, so that alone will make a big difference. Then you can log with it and use fuels mixtures like E30 which will add even more power. Another cool perk is you can read and reset codes that pop up. I wish "Fuel It" would come out with a full E85 fuel conversion for our cars, that would be the ultimate. All these big single turbo n54 335is and other older gen cars are all running straight E85 and gaining ~25whp from it.

The KWs are amazing! Mine aren't bumpy at all and I'm pretty low. I agree H&R springs are harsh and bumpy. I had them on my older m3 and got rid of them almost immediately after installing them. Its one thing to do it for the aesthetics, but then again this a car that you want to be comfortable in and springs alone just don't offer that. You can adjust the dampening and rebound with the KWs so it rides just right without any bumpyness. The only time I rub or bottom out is when I'm on the freeway doing 75+ and hit a gigantic dip. Other than that it rides really comfortably!
Awesome!

yeah, definitely keep us posted on what Gintani can get out of your S63 and all your supporting mods. there only 2 or 3 hours from me.

our fuel system isn't like those of the N54/N54 vehicles. we have two or three pumps in a big complex looking bucket and bigger PTFE lines already. i don't think we will have a fuel issue running up to 50% ethanol before we reach drive-train failure. either way ill figure out a way to upgrade to ethanol compatible pumps atleast

where did you get that ptp turbo blanket/jacket from? i gotta order mine asap as my turbo ship back to texas on monday

i'll stay on the lookout for a good set of KWV3s
      08-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #88
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonelm3-X5M View Post
Awesome!

yeah, definitely keep us posted on what Gintani can get out of your S63 and all your supporting mods. there only 2 or 3 hours from me.

our fuel system isn't like those of the N54/N54 vehicles. we have two or three pumps in a big complex looking bucket and bigger PTFE lines already. i don't think we will have a fuel issue running up to 50% ethanol before we reach drive-train failure. either way ill figure out a way to upgrade to ethanol compatible pumps atleast

where did you get that ptp turbo blanket/jacket from? i gotta order mine asap as my turbo ship back to texas on monday

i'll stay on the lookout for a good set of KWV3s
Unfortunately I don't live very close to an E85 pump (closest one is near Beverly Hills I think) so it's not to big of a deal if I can't run ethanol. I plan on trying it at least once though to see how it feels. Maybe I'll fill up with E30 and schedule some dynos to compare numbers if I ever get around to it. I know my buddy whose been doing all my installs wants to get me on a dyno after the JB4 goes on, so hopefully I'll have some numbers on pump 91 gas soon

Here's a link to the turbo blanket. Looks like they knocked the price down from $449 to $349 so you can save a 100 bucks!

https://www.ptpturboblankets.com/col...5-m-x6-m-m5-m6

Last edited by Revnato; 08-13-2017 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0