XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
ROGUEdesigner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 02 Audi S6 Avant / 08 VW R32

Buying a 2011 X5M today

What am I in for? I have done some research on the site and see the vacuum lines, turbo lines, burnt plastic at firewall, driveshaft (recall?) issues. Anything else I am missing?

It has 45,000 miles and the interior and exterior are both in fantastic shape. No dings, dents, scratches and wheels are perfect. Mechanically the car has been headache-free and is up to date on all maintenance. No issues at all, no oil or fluid leaks, creaks, etc.

Ideally, i would want to add the AA downpipes and the PTP turbo blanket all in an effort to keep temps down and longevity in mind. Any input here?

This would be my first BMW. I am coming from a 2002 Audi S6 avant with RS upgrades. Also own a 2008 VW R32.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

The other things off the top of my head would be vacuum pump o-ring leak, injectors up to date, keep an eye on the main expansion tank. Mine had clunky front swaybar links right after purchase.
The recalls done should cover driveshaft, rear suspension airbags, airbags inside, hpfp, auxiliary water pump that can catch fire...
If it has the auto rear hatch, make sure that works right. Mine has an issue and it has been a crapshoot of expensive parts trying to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGUEdesigner View Post
What am I in for? I have done some research on the site and see the vacuum lines, turbo lines, burnt plastic at firewall, driveshaft (recall?) issues. Anything else I am missing?

It has 45,000 miles and the interior and exterior are both in fantastic shape. No dings, dents, scratches and wheels are perfect. Mechanically the car has been headache-free and is up to date on all maintenance. No issues at all, no oil or fluid leaks, creaks, etc.

Ideally, i would want to add the AA downpipes and the PTP turbo blanket all in an effort to keep temps down and longevity in mind. Any input here?

This would be my first BMW. I am coming from a 2002 Audi S6 avant with RS upgrades. Also own a 2008 VW R32.
Make sure it has index 12 injectors and latest coils. I would also check for rear main and also pan leaks. Good luck.
Appreciate 0