XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
2013M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Jerez Black, 13 x5

Garage List
a Few questions

About 2013 X5

1) Besides using the key fob and the central front panel knob, is there no way to unlock the doors? Sometimes I'm outside the car and need to unlock the other doors, but I have to climb back into the front seat to open them. On other cars, there is a door lock button right on the door.

2) This is gonna sound stupid but when you have the headlights on 'auto' and you drive at night do you still have to push the 'high beam' button once to activate the auto high beam? or is the car supposed to know that you're driving at night and it will turn it on for you?

3) Is there a way to activate comfort access knob on the door?

4) The phone adapter in the center of the arm area which is worth less - is there a way to remove it and if anyone has done it. what did you do with it? it seems like it just takes up space.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

I think most of your answers can be found in the owners manual...here's a link to a "digital version: https://ownersmanuals2.com/bmw/x5-xd...s-manual-51785

For example, if only the driver's door unlocks...you can go into iDrive a change that selection to allow all the doors to unlock...that way you won't have the issue of having to latter open the driver's door to unlock the other doors. And I thought CA can be activated to UNLOCK by touching the ridges on the door handle?

See HIGH BEAM ASSISTANT in the owners manual for operating parameters of this option.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 07-12-2017 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M3 View Post
About 2013 X5

1) Besides using the key fob and the central front panel knob, is there no way to unlock the doors? Sometimes I'm outside the car and need to unlock the other doors, but I have to climb back into the front seat to open them. On other cars, there is a door lock button right on the door.

2) This is gonna sound stupid but when you have the headlights on 'auto' and you drive at night do you still have to push the 'high beam' button once to activate the auto high beam? or is the car supposed to know that you're driving at night and it will turn it on for you?

3) Is there a way to activate comfort access knob on the door?

4) The phone adapter in the center of the arm area which is worth less - is there a way to remove it and if anyone has done it. what did you do with it? it seems like it just takes up space.

Thanks.
1) there is an unlock button directly under your hazard light switch, in between the 2 middle vents

2) if you have to 'active' an auto high beam, it is by definition, not an 'auto' high beam. Have you tried poking around in the settings in iDrive? This tends to allow adjusting and setting of almost everything on the truck. See above post to check the owners manual

3)Don't know the answer to this, I don't have comfort access

4)are you talking about the 3.5mm audio plug and USB in the center console?
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M3 View Post
About 2013 X5

Thanks.
See the info at this link for DIY how-to remove phone adapter to create more space in center console: https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...e-removal.html

I'm assuming this is what you want to remove:

Appreciate 0