XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #331
hahahehe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 x5 35i

I'm looking to buy this unit, but I have some questions for you guys?

Can I use Factory Bluetooth streaming while on Andoird screen with Waze at the same time, So I could get better sound quality than the aux connection?

Does android 7.7 worth extra 59$?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #332
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahehe View Post

Can I use Factory Bluetooth streaming while on Andoird screen with Waze at the same time, So I could get better sound quality than the aux connection?

You can still use OEM Bluetooth streaming if u wish, there should be no issues/interferences with Waze thru Android.

As far as Android 7.1 with twice more memory and storage for 59.99, I can't answer this as this wasn't an option back when I bought mine!

the version 4.4 does everything already, I assume $60 for twice more is a good deal!

The only option that currently missing for me is ability to split the screen (for example have a Waze in main and let's say Weather/Calendar on the other smaller screen) just like in real NBT. I heard sometime ago that this should be possible with never version of Android, if that's true this would be great!

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #333
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahehe View Post

Android loves memory, the more the better. I had a 1gb HU in my E53 and it was horrible until I upgraded to a 4gb version. Surprised AVIN does not offer 4gb. That stated, my 2gb version works well with occassional delays. I generally use mine in OEM mode. I like the larger screen and my factory was blinking out. The Android side of things is just ok, not great. It needs more customization options to truely be an Android. Split screen would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #334
raays
Japan
Rep
Drives: x6 e71 2012

anyone can help me to fix my unit?
i updated with wrong file and now i cant enter to idrive menu
any advice please

i made video with the problem→ 
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 12:25 AM   #335
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

I wish we could just do a screen upgrade on the CIC.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:19 AM   #336
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raays View Post
anyone can help me to fix my unit?
i updated with wrong file and now i cant enter to idrive menu
any advice please

i made video with the problem→ 
send email to avinusa they should be able to help u, u might need to reload the firmware!

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 10:22 PM   #337
raays
Japan
Rep
Drives: x6 e71 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
send email to avinusa they should be able to help u, u might need to reload the firmware!

good luck!
I’ve mailed them for almost 1 month and no answer from them
I’m really disappointed for no answer and support
So I’m trying to fix this by myself because I cannot go to idrive settings and Back camera Doesn’t appear when I’m in reverse
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 05:54 AM   #338
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raays View Post
Quote:

good luck!
I’ve mailed them for almost 1 month and no answer from them
I’m really disappointed for no answer and support
So I’m trying to fix this by myself because I cannot go to idrive settings and Back camera Doesn’t appear when I’m in reverse
call them
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:09 AM   #339
r1sc
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Any tips on getting all of the wiring to fit behind the OE radio? I fought with it for an hour before giving up and ripping it back out.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #340
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1sc View Post
Any tips on getting all of the wiring to fit behind the OE radio? I fought with it for an hour before giving up and ripping it back out.
Yes, it fits, tightly but fits! try side pockets behind the radio, connect everything and push cables to the rear side pockets (left or right)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #341
r1sc
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Yes, it fits, tightly but fits! try side pockets behind the radio, connect everything and push cables to the rear side pockets (left or right)
Thanks, my big ass hands aren't a help. Can I get more access from the side if I take off the panels on the transmission tunnel?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #342
mrsoandso
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M

Any canadians ever get hit with duty who bought this? If so, how much? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #343
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1sc View Post
Thanks, my big ass hands aren't a help. Can I get more access from the side if I take off the panels on the transmission tunnel?
not really and def not from the that tunnel!
u might be able to help uself little bit if you remove panel under glove box but still not too much help, I would't bother. just try to push cables away to the side as much as u can and work u radio back in, it will work, as it does for everybody else!

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 09:25 AM   #344
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Well, as an update, I noticed my OEM nav does not update well. As the wiring harness that comes with this is flawed (short with a large block) perhaps something was pulled. Once in a while it works, other times it does not. The Android side works.

It is an OK unit, their communication is horrible. Audio quality is down. And it is obvious the so-called engineers made decisions without real word testing. Else, they have low expectations of their work. I use the OEM side 99% of the time. It does not auto connect to my hotspot so it is a hassle to go into connections every time. Really, this should sell for $200.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #345
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
To buy or not to buy...

(2010 X5) As I read through the first 8 pages I was excited and ready to purchase the unit. But as the pages turned, it seemed that folks were having more and more issues. I went to their website and saw that they currently offer a 7.1 version so I am wondering if most of the previous issues had been worked out. I read one post that stated they had received the presale 7 version but it was buggy and they returned it.

I am not not only looking for aesthetics, I’m looking for improvement in functionality. I use waze daily (on the phone) and use my iTunes for music so I’d primarily use CarPlay. I’d also like to replace the rear view camera with the one they offer as mine is flickering when in use. I’ve not really seen anyone discussing this. Nor have I seen anyone discussing Sirius. Is that available on it as well? I do not see it on their site. It was never activated in my car.

Has anyone received the 7.1 version or gone from the 4.x to it and can vouch for the software if it is still buggy or if it has improved. Is split screen available yet?

I have everything in the cart. Just curious on some updates. The car is great just feels that the cic is outdated. I don’t even have the combox features and been dealing with that since 2011 so yea... Would’ve bought NBT earlier this year if it wasn’t for a move and found out about Avinusa yesterday when I was looking for new options. I appreciate it!

Last edited by Erie Von Otto; 11-18-2018 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #346
mrsoandso
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie Von Otto View Post
(2010 X5) As I read through the first 8 pages I was excited and ready to purchase the unit. But as the pages turned, it seemed that folks were having more and more issues. I went to their website and saw that they currently offer a 7.1 version so I am wondering if most of the previous issues had been worked out. I read one post that stated they had received the presale 7 version but it was buggy and they returned it.

I am not not only looking for aesthetics, I’m looking for improvement in functionality. I use waze daily (on the phone) and use my iTunes for music so I’d primarily use CarPlay. I’d also like to replace the rear view camera with the one they offer as mine is flickering when in use. I’ve not really seen anyone discussing this. Nor have I seen anyone discussing Sirius. Is that available on it as well? I do not see it on their site. It was never activated in my car.

Has anyone received the 7.1 version or gone from the 4.x to it and can vouch for the software if it is still buggy or if it has improved. Is split screen available yet?

I have everything in the cart. Just curious on some updates. The car is great just feels that the cic is outdated. I don’t even have the combox features and been dealing with that since 2011 so yea... Would’ve bought NBT earlier this year if it wasn’t for a move and found out about Avinusa yesterday when I was looking for new options. I appreciate it!
I am in the same boat. I have a 2011 x6m, which doesn't have built-in bluetooth.

I have the same concerns, and I have seen some units that are even upgraded to 8.1, I think 4x4shop.ca has those, but I have found no reviews.

The sale is nice for the one we need, and is definitely swaying my decision to try it out.

If anyone could elaborate on the state of the 7.1 currently, you'd have 2+ very appreciative people!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #347
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsoandso View Post
I am in the same boat. I have a 2011 x6m, which doesn't have built-in bluetooth.

I have the same concerns, and I have seen some units that are even upgraded to 8.1, I think 4x4shop.ca has those, but I have found no reviews.

The sale is nice for the one we need, and is definitely swaying my decision to try it out.

If anyone could elaborate on the state of the 7.1 currently, you'd have 2+ very appreciative people!
Yep, especially since I do not see many other options besides the Ali version or the OEM NBT and that runs about $2400. I’m really hoping this is doing better with the latest version. Anxiously waiting...
      11-18-2018, 10:49 PM   #348
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:

why aren't you getting the android 8.1 version?

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #349
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
Quote:

why aren't you getting the android 8.1 version?
Their website is showing 7.1.
Attached Images

11-19-2018, 08:32 AM   #350
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
from what I heard there is no software difference between 4.4 and 7.1! I was the one who was wondering about split screen but I don't think this is still possible at least with this unit (there are others I heard but don't have many details)
I wish I can tell u more but I'm still using my 4.4 version and even though I don't use iTunes, Bluetooth but I do use Waze daily for more than a year and I don't have problems using it (in my case I use internal WiFi so connection is easier), generally I don't have many complains about this unit in about 14 mths using it, it works well 9 out of 10 times
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #351
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Their website is showing 7.1.
https://4x4shop.ca/product/oem-fit-replacing-10-25%e2%80%b3-screen-bmw-x5-e70-2011-2013-androidgpswifibta2dpusb-multi-media-original-cic-system/
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #352
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013

This is a great write up gang. Lots of pros & cons to consider.
I have a simple question I couldnt quite work out here:
I have a 2013 x5 e70.

1. Does this unit pull mobile data from my phone (yes?). If so, how? It is a hard thing I have to set up EVERY time I go in the car?

2. Voice Command: The main thing I like about newer BMWs models is the google search voice function of the newer NBT EVO kit. Steering wheel button opens up commands & I can search for things by phrases. Dont have to be exact. Can you mimic that kind of functionality, especially for navigation, on this model? If so, how?
Appreciate 0