XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
X5_montrealer
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 M-package

Just recieved my new transfer case

So.. After much research, some which went in circles, I decided to go ahead and buy a new transfer case for my 2011 x5, 3.5i, which basically turned into a rear wheel drive a month ago and gave me the famous 4x4, dsc warning. Just so it's out there, I don't have the actuator on my transfer case with the plastic gear... so that was ruled out. (BMW actually scanned the car and tested the car and came back with a definite transfer case failure.(we'll see )

So I won't even get into cost, but I bought mine new, from a dealer, for $800US. It's $5000 canadian here in montreal.

I'm going to have it installed by a local transmission place next week and was curious if there's anything else to be done while that transfer case is out...??
Like maybe that seal at the rear of that transmission case... is it worth it to have this changed at the same time?

After its installed, I assume I'll have to go back to the dealer to have them do some programming to tell the truck that it's there...LOL.

Any input would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0