XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-24-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
aykutbartu
Georgia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i,2016 BMW 328i

Exclamation BMW x5 35d E70 reliability?? Help please

Hello guys.)
So I have a 2014 535i with 70k miles on it, but I am not really happy with it because of its unreliable engine, actually not really unreliable it's just not for my country I think. So my main issue is the injectors which I have, they should be replaced. But the problem is that in my country, The brand new OEM injectors cost 3k$ which costs almost 25% of the car) so I can buy only used ones which are making the same problem in 1-2 months. And my mechanic said that all petrol BMWs are having the same issue also there is another issue with Valvetronic system in n55 and water pump also. So I came up with selling my car, so I am looking for an e70 for now, of course, a diesel one.) I really like the exterior and interior except the old iDrive system which can be changed. So it's not a problem for me. But the main question is about the reliability of it? Which problem can it have should I buy LCI or non LCI? I found a really good 2012 car with 81k miles on it. What issues can I have with it, and on which mileage would you recommend buying it?
Thanks)
Appreciate 0