XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
eDubz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Sprint Booster + xHP TCU Tune

My biggest complaint with the M has been the power delivery...the transmission always wants to race to 6th gear when in D.

I started with a Velos tune which helped...then I installed a Sprint Booster today and it has made a HUGE improvement! The M feels awesome...the transmission is the only thing holding it back (manual please?!)

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the xHP transmission tune with a Sprint Booster?

2013 X3 35i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDubz View Post
My biggest complaint with the M has been the power delivery...the transmission always wants to race to 6th gear when in D.

I started with a Velos tune which helped...then I installed a Sprint Booster today and it has made a HUGE improvement! The M feels awesome...the transmission is the only thing holding it back (manual please?!)

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the xHP transmission tune with a Sprint Booster?
I agree about the transmission racing to 6th in D. I basically always just shift myself in Sport Manual. Doesn't really bother me to take care of all the gear changes myself.

Not saying I wouldn't consider a transmission tune though if it really makes that big a difference.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #3
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

I find just driving around in 9 on the sprint booster is good. I'd be interested to hear how folks like it with the tune too...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Stage 3 xHP wants to hold every gear until 3k RPM. I don't think the sprint booster is needed for my driving style. I prefer being able to back off the pedal a bit and get that upshift.

That said... the tranny flash isn't a game changer for me, but peripherally it's nice. Definitely consider it to be way overpriced.
Appreciate 1
eDubz47.00