XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Brake Force Display coding with ProTool

I recently purchased BimmerGeeks ProTool for coding my car. I’ve messed around a little and have been able to code in folding mirrors with FOB, turned off the amber lights in the headlights, disabled the warning message on the startup screen, double flash hazards and a few other things.

I’m a bit stuck with the brake force display. I’m seeing a couple different options and it’s hard to drive and test since I need to have another person watching and have enough room to engage the ABS to get the system to light up.

I want the lights to flash instead of simply illuminating as it comes from the factory. Anyone know which options I need to activate or deactivate to make that happen? “BFD with Brake lights” is already active. I’m seeing a module “BFD with rear fogs” which I’m assuming will need to be active? There’s another for “BFD-BFD” which I think would need to be on as well? Seeing a bunch of options as BFD with or replacing standing lights. I don’t think I need to mess with them?

Thanks

Last edited by ryansbmw; 12-23-2018 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Update: Ignore my 1st post. Protool has gone thru some big updates and now has full NCS Expert available, instead of just those options.

I have found all the modules related to break force display but the problem is, it's still all in german. Anybody here good with NCS expert? Im trying to understand exactly what all of them mean/do. Ive searched around a lot of forums and think I have a decent understanding of what I need to activate but still have some questions. With the different FRM modules and people trying to do different things, its very hard to follow the old posts.

Apparently, our cars have 3 levels of braking.
0- normal breaking
1- heavy braking: additional brake lights light up
2- very heavy braking/abs kicks in: coded off for US spec cars.

What I would like to do is leave normal braking the same, add a blinking 3rd tail light to level 1 and turn on level 2 so that the brake lights and 3rd tail light blink.

All the modules are attached to certain light elements.
BL- normal brake lamp
BL_M- 3rd brake lamp
NSL- rear fogs
SL_1-?
SL_2-?

Does anyone know what the SL_1 &2 lights are? I know it stand for standing lights but Im not sure which part of the tail light that is on our cars. Or does SL refer to side lamp, #4 shown here? Which one is the fog light?

Last edited by ryansbmw; 05-06-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
I'm interested in this as well. Just got ProTool last week and need to get better at using/understanding it. Have only coded some simple stuff like doors unlocking with engine off.

I'd like to code the brake lights as well - hopefully some here are more knowledgeable than us and can lend some insight.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0