XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-30-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
TexasGl
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 Diesel

X5 Diesel Fuel Pump Problem

Hi Guys,
I Have a problem with my 2012 X5 Diesel with 125k Miles

Couple months ago the car began to loss acceleration and went to limp mode few times on me. I took to my BMW Dealer and they diagnosed the fuel pump inside the gas tank. they replace and the exact same day I took the car from the dealer ( 1700$ Charge for that work) the car started making a loud noise like jet engine so I returned to the dealer and they diagnostic the fuel pump again going at full capacity for no reason.
Few weeks later the call me to let m,e know they have to replace the DDE engine control unit and reprogramming the car modules by PUMA ( $4080 this time). I agree to paid that and still waiting on my car (luckily they provide me with a loaner x3).
It`s been 2 months since the first diagnosis and they have not yet fix my car. Any of you guys are experience something similar?
Car have been running really good for the last 4 years without any major problem until now.

Today I receive a new email from my dealer they escalate the problem to BMW engineering department:
From the dealer:

I also wanted to let you know that we are still experiencing the same issue with the fuel pump over running, after a longer test drive. BMW is sending out an engineer to come and help with the diagnosis on the vehicle. We have not been able to get assistance through the normal channels, so we have escalated this issue and are getting BMW involved in person to help out. This is an unprecedented issue without documentation so, again, I apologize for the lack of a solid answer.

There will not be any further cost for the continued diagnosis on the vehicle and I will be sure to update you as soon as they get an answer. This may be Saturday. I want to thank you for your continued patience with us. Our only goal is to make sure that we can take care of you and fix your vehicle to the best of our abilities.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
TexasGl
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 Diesel

Update

Still waiting on the dealer fix my car, 5 Different tech and they cant fix or even found what is wrong with the car .
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #3
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

what was the code it was throwing? I'd be curious what the test plan in ISTA-D would be

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #4
X5-User
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Sub’ed for more information. Please keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #5
ixm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-User View Post
Sub’ed for more information. Please keep us posted
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
BEAMERzzz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 Diesel

Update? I'm having the same issue.

Any update to this problem? I'm having the exact same issue with this. Fuel pump sounds like a jet engine and on the scanner it shows its running at full capacity.
Appreciate 0