XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #111
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
the way I figure if you can't get quality, go for quantity.
Ha ha ha.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #112
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
the way I figure if you can't get quality, go for quantity.
Pussy is a hell of a drug.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #113
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Explain that, plesae.

You don't believe.... what? It exists? It is a good idea? It can actually work?
It's a huge liability with very little benefits for a man but the opposite is true for women.
That's not always true.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #114
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
That's not always true.
It usually is though, well, in California anyway.

Unless you marry someone who makes the same or more than you.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #115
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
It's a huge liability with very little benefits for a man but the opposite is true for women.
That's not always true.
Countdown until cmyx6go arrives to correct this sexist mis-conception in 3..2..1.....
cmyx6go15567.50
      11-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #116
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Quote:
That's not always true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Countdown until cmyx6go arrives to correct this sexist mis-conception in 3..2..1.....
Well...she's late. Typical woman. But I'm sure she'll be pleased that you are making her relive through the bitter divorce where she paid handsomely. I'm sure....

I married a woman who makes considerably more than me. She was the right one to marry. I can't think of anyone else who'd be willing to put up with me. But examining it from a purely financial perspective, her marrying me would make little sense, at least to ragingpanda.

But that's the thing, marriage shouldn't be viewed just through that lens. It is a component, a risk if you will, but you should be looking at your proposed partner's character and who they are and the compatibility or lack thereof rather than just financial. If there are any flags, you probably shouldn't be getting married.

Am I the only one though who read ragingpanda's posts and started to wonder if maybe he was an incel or is going to become an incel? It just seemed to be more than just bitter about marriage...seemed to be more about women in general. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15567.50
Bunnny219.50
      11-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #117
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
It usually is though, well, in California anyway.

Unless you marry someone who makes the same or more than you.
That, and keep a negative bank balance and a 300 credit score.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #118
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

I married my best friend, so I guess I got lucky. We do everything together and its been perfect since March. We usually do 3-4 family dinners a week, at 6 sometimes 7 now.

Our "rough" patch was when kids were born, we both had "careers" and crazy busy up in D.C. area...so we left and went to Hilton Head island for a few years lol.

Came back to Virginia, but central. I can't imagine living in/near a major city ever again...I added 10 years to my life moving, 34 years was enough in that hell lol (yea "hometown" but I used to walk across 495 when built...changed a bit)
Appreciate 1
Lups11819.50
      11-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #119
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Cebrated 20 Years in September!

Would NOT change it or her for anything.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58885.50
Soul_Glo13284.00
      11-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #120
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well...she's late. Typical woman. But I'm sure she'll be pleased that you are making her relive through the bitter divorce where she paid handsomely. I'm sure....

I married a woman who makes considerably more than me. She was the right one to marry. I can't think of anyone else who'd be willing to put up with me. But examining it from a purely financial perspective, her marrying me would make little sense, at least to ragingpanda.

But that's the thing, marriage shouldn't be viewed just through that lens. It is a component, a risk if you will, but you should be looking at your proposed partner's character and who they are and the compatibility or lack thereof rather than just financial. If there are any flags, you probably shouldn't be getting married.

Am I the only one though who read ragingpanda's posts and started to wonder if maybe he was an incel or is going to become an incel? It just seemed to be more than just bitter about marriage...seemed to be more about women in general. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though.
What is an incel?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:34 PM   #121
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
What is an incel?
Involuntary celibate
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #122
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Involuntary celibate
How is that even a thing? I personally don't like dealing with womens bullshit after having sex with her, so I prefer to pay for it upfront nowadays whenever I get the urge.

Eddie Murphy should have followed his own advice from way back in the day from Raw. I just read that he is paying 25k a month to his ex wife.

Happy wife, happy life right?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #123
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

The key is drinking, lots of drinking
Appreciate 1
kscarrol8775.50
      11-24-2020, 07:15 PM   #124
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

"It's not a libido problem; I've just never been physically attracted to [me]"

I'm not married, but it's not going well, regardless. Counselling is unearthing stuff that I wish wasn't true (on both sides), and with a 3yo kid plus a baby due in January, I have no idea what I am doing or am going to do. If I stay, it's not looking good for my mental state. If I leave, I won't get to live with my kids (and current best plan for earning sufficient funds to pay for 2 homes involves moving to a different country).

Appreciate 1
Lups11819.50
      11-25-2020, 08:56 AM   #125
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post

I'm not married, but it's not going well, regardless. Counselling is unearthing stuff that I wish wasn't true (on both sides), and with a 3yo kid plus a baby due in January, I have no idea what I am doing or am going to do. If I stay, it's not looking good for my mental state. If I leave, I won't get to live with my kids (and current best plan for earning sufficient funds to pay for 2 homes involves moving to a different country).

Stay. Grind it out, just grind it out. It's either that or your kids will be strangers.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #126
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post

Well, going to assume from the first bit that your sex life is pretty dry to non existent. What did the good counsellor propose in that regard? All parties must acknowledge that's pretty significant issue right?

You leaving is going to have a wonderful chance of screwing up your kids though. I've seen too many divorces and from that, the kids are almost always affected worse than kids whose parents stay together. Unless there is abuse by staying together of course.

Don't know - that's a tough one. Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #127
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
You leaving is going to have a wonderful chance of screwing up your kids though. I've seen too many divorces and from that, the kids are almost always affected worse than kids whose parents stay together. Unless there is abuse by staying together of course.

You're the first person I have seen say that, usually it's the "staying is worse for the kids". I'll argue it is not if you can find a way to reduce the open arguing.

Once you leave the house, odds are she turns the ids slowly against you and/or a new guy arrives and now he is dad. With boys, you have the added concern of the emasculation they are undergoing and if the new guy is woke, you're stuck with his limp wristed parenting and you're the bad guy for pushing your kids a bit.

Stay. Keep the peace, plan an exit but stay.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      11-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #128
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #129
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #130
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:23 PM   #131
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #132
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Thanks for the replies.

I figure I've got to stay, realistically. I just need to work out how to make that positive.

Quote:
Well, going to assume from the first bit that your sex life is pretty dry to non existent. What did the good counsellor propose in that regard? All parties must acknowledge that's pretty significant issue right?

Yes, nonexistent except fo reproduction purposes only... I find it hard to deal with that; can't switch off the urge. Partner acknowledges that it's an issue, but at the same time can offer no solution. She's petrified I might leave (I've made it clear repeatedly that I want to stay), but can't offer any sort of plan. It's not just sex that's gone; it's any form of physical affection; hugs etc etc...gone.

Going to see a doctor to try and separate what is likely some depression from the relationship issues. I'm very aware that it seems shallow to split up the family basically because I don't get sex...but at the same time it constantly gets me down.

Counsellor would offer more ideas for sure, but my partner can't bring herself to be part of the sessions. Going to stop the sessions for the foreseeable - not very helpful since we can only deal with my side of the story. Initial proposals were some ways for us to show some affection, without any pressure. But turns out that if you don't feel the urge to show affection, and nobody asks you for affection......yeah.

Looks like I need a spoonful of concrete!
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13284.00