XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #23
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Right - what is this crap?

Ha, nice. I felt that way at a Ministry concert once.

Side note - just bought tickets for this show in a few months. Super stoked. Have been listening to them since the late 80's and saw then in concert back in the late 90's. They haven't toured in 20+ years.
Generally the mosh bits get more laid back with the age of the band. I saw Slayer a few years ago and the once legendary pit of death was more like a washing machine. A few folks lost their footing but somebody would grab them and lift them up. This was not the case in 1990.
      11-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #24
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

This unfortunate event is just another example of how mob mentality can go in the toilet. January 6th is another fine example.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:27 AM   #25
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

^ No mention of Bad Brains or Jody Foster's Army?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #26
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

The exhaustive list is pretty long.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #27
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

There is a video of him (Travis Scott) yelling at the crowd to 'fuck him up' about some kid who pulled off one of his shoes while he (Travis Scott) was crowd surfing. They started pummeling the kid until security pulled him out, and he was still yelling for people to fuck him up. He's a piece of trash.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #28
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix;
A few folks lost their footing but somebody would grab them and lift them up. This was not the case in 1990.
I think people had more respect for life and others lives back then.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 11:58 AM   #29
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Same thing (crowd rushed, people trampled, etc.) happened at a Who show in Cincinnati in '79. I Think 10 or 11 were killed, numerous injuries as well. My recollection is that general admission tickets for the floor were blamed (I think the big crush hit when the doors were opened, and the crowds rushed the doors to try to get the best spots on the floor). At the time, I think the resolution was to abolish general admission seating at concerts.
      11-10-2021, 12:10 PM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I guess I never found the appeal of concerts. I use to work for Clear Channel when I was younger and went to a lot of the concerts they put on to take pictures and what not. Even then with VIP access and not having to go into the crowd I didn’t see the appeal. They also usually always had a fenced out area around the stage with security. This is where I would usually go for the pics so I’m not sure how no one saw this going down and had everything stopped.

Rather just listen to the music at home by myself.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #31
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

You won't see this type of stuff happen at a Maroon 5 or Chainsmokers concert.

Fact is, the fans of modern rappers are often the dregs of society. A shady crowd = bad shit going down.

The only rapper whose concert I'd attend is Drake.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #32
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Bring a fucking pillow to drake. Maybe a blanket too.
Appreciate 3
DETRoadster11466.50
rebekahb3140.50
      11-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #33
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Same thing (crowd rushed, people trampled, etc.) happened at a Who show in Cincinnati in '79. I Think 10 or 11 were killed, numerous injuries as well. My recollection is that general admission tickets for the floor were blamed (I think the big crush hit when the doors were opened, and the crowds rushed the doors to try to get the best spots on the floor). At the time, I think the resolution was to abolish general admission seating at concerts.
THIS. I thought general admission was a thing of the distant past.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #34
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Right - what is this crap?

Ha, nice. I felt that way at a Ministry concert once.

Side note - just bought tickets for this show in a few months. Super stoked. Have been listening to them since the late 80's and saw then in concert back in the late 90's. They haven't toured in 20+ years.
Oh Hell yes! I'm buying tickets tonight.

The Circle Jerks are one of those "Damn, I was too young in the 80s to see concerts and now I've missed out on it forever" bands. Cant believe I'm getting a chance. Not missing out on it this time.

I laughed at the venue they are playing in Boise. "The Knitting Factory." I really want a concert poster from that show. "One night only! The Circle Jerks play The Knitting Factory!"
Appreciate 3
Run Silent15129.00
Buug95917721.50
      11-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #35
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Travis definitely egged some of this on but in the end he is an artist... its like Eminem saying dumb shit back in the day.

It's like... if i told u to jump in a fire, would you? I don't know how much true responsibility can lay with the artist.

Now, the venue, security, cops and the crowd that was there?? That to me was a total shitshow and I can assure there will be massive lawsuits and fallouts.
      11-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #36
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
THIS. I thought general admission was a thing of the distant past.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it
No, GA is alive and well. But there's typically better precautions in place these days like waist height barriers that create a corridor between the stage and the crowd. So people getting pushed up against the stage and being crushed is a thing of the past, mostly. Now if things get cramped you pop over that barricade and exit stage left. it also ensures security is safe and has room to work,
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #37
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Oh Hell yes! I'm buying tickets tonight.

The Circle Jerks are one of those "Damn, I was too young in the 80s to see concerts and now I've missed out on it forever" bands. Cant believe I'm getting a chance. Not missing out on it this time.

I laughed at the venue they are playing in Boise. "The Knitting Factory." I really want a concert poster from that show. "One night only! The Circle Jerks play The Knitting Factory!"
Dude - that would be awesome. Venue I am seeing them at is the Orange Peel, so well... lol. Saw them at House of Blues the first time in the 90's.

Keith Morris is 66 freaking years old and still touring with a hardcore punk band. That is nuts.

7 Seconds is opening for them here, which is another great band.
      11-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #38
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Travis definitely egged some of this on but in the end he is an artist... its like Eminem saying dumb shit back in the day.

It's like... if i told u to jump in a fire, would you? I don't know how much true responsibility can lay with the artist.

Now, the venue, security, cops and the crowd that was there?? That to me was a total shitshow and I can assure there will be massive lawsuits and fallouts.
Wrong!!!!! Yes, the venue is responsible as well. But if in fact, he was told people were hurt and should just stop to make sure they are ok, then just kept going throwing more fuel on the fire? If he says stop, the fucking crowd listens. Do you think all those people would be killed if he stopped the show to get the first few help? He is as guilty as the venue!! Zero sympathy for this douche nozzle!! He has kids. Maybe karma will get him back down the road.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #39
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

The only rapper whose concert I'd attend is Drake.
Save your money. We had the ability to go to many concerts for free. His first one was good and his 2nd we left early. His opener was Migos and they were AWFUL. Really disappointed the 2nd time I saw Drake.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:19 PM   #40
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
He has kids. Maybe karma will get him back down the road.
He may be a nozzle, but in a more civilized world we don't place the guilt of the father on the children.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 06:25 PM   #41
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

So one of the deaths was a 9 year old boy on his fathers shoulders……OK, why was a 9 year old allowed in or there to begin with. Much of that falls on the parents IMO

RIP lil guy
Appreciate 1
ASAP10193.50
      11-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #42
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
So one of the deaths was a 9 year old boy on his fathers shoulders……OK, why was a 9 year old allowed in or there to begin with. Much of that falls on the parents IMO

RIP lil guy
Exactly! Why would you have such a young child at a concert like that?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #43
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post

Wrong!!!!! Yes, the venue is responsible as well. But if in fact, he was told people were hurt and should just stop to make sure they are ok, then just kept going throwing more fuel on the fire? If he says stop, the fucking crowd listens. Do you think all those people would be killed if he stopped the show to get the first few help? He is as guilty as the venue!! Zero sympathy for this douche nozzle!! He has kids. Maybe karma will get him back down the road.
Again... I am not saying he is devoid of guilt but to entirely blame him for the actions of idiots is just ludicrous. It seems to me no one is responsible for anything these days themselves... i can tell you who is at fault for all of this- the parents of the brainwashed kids that were there and did this. Its just a reality no one wants to hear today- for frankly any reason. If you believe otherwise... all of social media needs to be turned off tomorrow for the greater good based on your thoughts.

Also, as a side note, Ive been to 25 rap concerts in my life... too many to even list. You could not pay me to go to one past about 2015 which is where a new generation of idiots sprang up that sinply enjoy a ton of bass w yelling into a mic.
      11-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #44
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
He has kids. Maybe karma will get him back down the road.
He may be a nozzle, but in a more civilized world we don't place the guilt of the father on the children.
Nothing about this dude is civilized. Watch the Netflix show on him.
Appreciate 0