XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #23
christoepurrr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
FWIW, I think the sound is much improved from units a few years ago. It is a step down compared to the OEM sound system. I have a post (#148) in my thread about android sound and have been attempting to find an alternative that provides exceptional sound...but I've been distracted and have not gotten back to that challenge since the summer..will get around to testing a new dac and different Q5 amp sometime soon....

Edit: there is another member here that was successful in improved sound using a DAC, but I've not gotten details from him yet how he connected and the extent to how it is used.
Thanks for the reply. I see that you have a factory combox. Are you able to utilize the factory bluetooth/combox for audio? I wouldn't mind using the android unit for the carplay display functions only and stream music via combox if that is a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #24
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoepurrr View Post
Thanks for the reply. I see that you have a factory combox. Are you able to utilize the factory bluetooth/combox for audio? I wouldn't mind using the android unit for the carplay display functions only and stream music via combox if that is a possibility.
For my vehicle config I can use the OEM BT or the Android BT, but not both simultaneously.

Also, if using a DAC I only get DAC audio and not BT or other android function sound...unless I have an app that auto switches between the two.
      11-14-2020, 04:43 PM   #25
lundan
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_swede View Post
5, If your car with the middle speaker for GPS, then you need to connect below 2 cables to the middle speaker. (if the car without the middle speaker, then no need to connect) 16, The connection of the middle speaker (one is input and one is output)
Hi mister_swede

Did you get this sorted out? I have an ongoing topic here if you like to help out :-)

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1924
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #26
njmian
Rep
Drives: 11' E70 x5 35i, 07' E90 328i

Ive had the same problem, my issue was the aux cable. funny how these clowns in the forum speculate things when they dont even have one these systems in their car. back to the topic, my speakers were sounding hollow so found out it was the aux cable, had to buy a good one from amazon and splice that in. aside from that the system itself is garbage, the quality of the sound is llike the worst ive ever heard, bass notes crackle when i crank the volumn all the way up
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:06 PM   #27
njmian
Rep
Drives: 11' E70 x5 35i, 07' E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfox23 View Post
The output is different. It's not the aux chord. Playing through the aux disables the factory DSP; that's why the subs are not working. No amount of switching and testing will help, in my experience.

Of course, if you find different, please report.

I have gone back to using the Avin as only a screen and using the factory iPod integration.
who on earth told you the dsp switches off on aux mode? ive used my phone with aux and everything works fine just like it works with a cd or usb
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:44 AM   #28
noumantabassum
Registered
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2008 4.8I

Struggling with sound

Dear All,
I installed an android head unit with version 9 bought from ALI a year ago.
I have logic 7 HIFI. The music works great when i switch to idrive original CD changer and radio but when i switch back to auxiliary coming out of head unit, the sound is not great and with two issues.
1) Noise in the line
2) The audio is more centralised and it appears its not split properly to side and rear speakers.

What i have tried so far:
1) Installed an mPOV ground noise isolator which has suppressed the noise considerably.
2) Installed an external DAC (Creative G6) on auxiliary line. It has improved the music in terms of clarity and loudness BUT still the music is more coming out of front centre speaker and not fuller and surround when I use aux. with my iphone directly or the stock CD changer/radio.

Please also note that I have tried connecting the Creative G6 directly to USB input of head unit (which i have placed inside the glove box) and tried using USB Audio Player Pro. This software does send the audio to my external DAC and the music starts coming out of rear speakers and Subs BUT again there is a noise issue which may be suppressing music quality. You can say it is 80% of the stock.
I also tried installing Noobzoid Pro so that it processes the music better but this software doesnt seem to work with my head unit as i couldnt find an option to select equalizer to use from another software.

Has anyone succeeded in resolving the noise issues or is there any software available which can process better sound in android head unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 09:46 AM   #29
Morpheusmarine
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Has anyone....

...tried unraveling the android harness and rewiring the aux cable female end into the speaker harness correctly? after reading several post on multiple sites about the android screen that would have to be the only plausible solution. (A wiring mishap by the maker of the android screen).
Appreciate 0