XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

08-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #45
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
This is not aimed directly at you but I really want to know why people think BMW is not focusing on an electric future. Everything BMW has done with regards to hybrid/electric vehicles is for this alone. Everyone is looking at these vehicles individually and thinking "that's all BMW has got or can come up with". No, these are all small steps towards EV vehicles - BMWi, BMW e vehicles/hybrid vehicles are all done to gain real-world information.

People like giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt but if you ask me, it's a lot easier for brands like BMW, Mercedes and Audi to crack that EV code than it is for Tesla to offer vehicles that rival the quality of the Germans.

If BMW/Audi/Mercedes all had a true Model 3 or Model S competitor, how many would still pick Tesla? If the Taycan was more affordable, would Tesla even be a choice?
They'd still choose Tesla. Tesla is the Apple of the automotive sector.

BMW is done. They cannot survive in their current form under the current regulatory climate.

I predict a wave of mergers within the next decade. Countries will look to protect them as much as possible in order to delay having to pick up the pension bill. Zombie companies!!!!:

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
jstein556112.00

08-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #46
sapphire.f80
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Rationalising the product line OR not ?

I'd conjecture that Euro6 emissions regs make it harder to rationalise your product range; if indeed rationalising is conducive towards cutting losses. BMW, like many Euro makes, seem to be in infinitesimal vehicle niches, which no doubt raises complexity and cost. However, it likely helps to meet average fleet-wide mandated emissions targets, since the punitive cost of failing here, is crippling.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #47
jamiewhite
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Rush.. View Post
Sorry to hear this, but it's not surprising (especially in our current state)
My thoughts exactly. I am not surprised at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 07:42 PM   #48
elizabetika
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

We will have to see how Q3 turns out - have people cancelled orders completely or will BMW catch up with everything that was supposed to deliver auto clicker roblox

Last edited by elizabetika; 08-16-2020 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0