XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-06-2023, 08:27 PM   #1
crhenkel
Rep
Drives: 2006 Bmw Z4 2013 BMW X6 3.5X

2013 X6 E71 35i xdrive front crankshaft seal install help

So 2 years ago i bought a 2013 X6 35i with the N55 engine
about two weeks later it threw the belt, wrapped it around the crankshaft and oushed the belt down thru the timing belt cavity down into the oil pan.
Wobderful. after research and study i learned that this is common after the oil filter assemnly has beem leakimg oil on yo the belt and tensioner. i also learned the extent of the work and how much the dealer wants to fix this
i stpped the car immediatel and the engine survived i did all the work myself and since so much must be removed i dod alot of preventitiive parts replacing and upgrading now the Kies crank shaft seal protector and the crank bolt securing plate are in place. i have tools to do all the work AND now the crank seal is leaking. there was much discussion on if the primrr and loctite sealant was required in installing the seal on my N55 engine. i am guessimg yes it is and i was misguided the first time
So im doing this work a second time and replacimg all belt pulleys and belt. replacing the oil filter assembly gaskest again as well .
Can anyone provide me with a hood tutorial or specific instructions to do this front seal install properly with the primer and sealant?

when i did this work the first time and the car was back on the road all was great no belt in engine or pan when done. no,leaks or engine power or noise issues. actually the car was much beyter than prior to the issue. turbo was stronger and car drive great.
Then i noticed the oil leak starting bew issue not oil filter location but cr@nkshaft seal, which eas original and not leakimg prior to swallowing the belt
i made this leak at the crank. now i need help doing the job correctly the second time. i have all tools and parts and skills i just need to make sure i do this sealant and primer install correctly this time. LOL
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 04:21 AM   #2
hazelcarrillo
Registered
Rep
Drives: McLaren 570S Spider

How about McLaren 600LT? Do you want to try this type. A user of monkey mart introduced me this car and I also want to learn more about it. It's great if you have the same ideal with me.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2023, 05:55 AM   #3
bursel
Registered
Rep
Drives: ASDAS

This is a really good site. Thanks for your sharing. Greffe de Cheveux Turquie
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 02:45 AM   #4
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada