XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

10-18-2022, 03:03 PM   #1
silverlab
Rep
Drives: 2012 x5 35d

BMW E70 x5d m57 dual intake w/ custom intake box & engine cover

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 450.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
For sale is my modified e70 x5d (m57) dual intake setup. Works great and never got any issues, wife sold her x5d and new buyer wanted everything stock so this was pulled off before the sale and I don't have a use for it on my x5d. Definitely gives the stock engine bay a sportier/performance look while allowing the intake to breath better than the stock setup. Would like to sell the full setup as a package, but would consider just selling the intake (no intake box or engine cover) if the price is right. Let me know if you have any questions

Intake
-Dual port intake (oem) manufactured for a different e70 model (think it was EU exclusive model if I remember correctly)

-Alloy hose adapter was added inside of the tip of the dual intake (see photos) to prevent any kind of bending/loss of airflow due to pressure of the clamp connecting the intake to the hose

-All clamps are Sure Motorsports heavy duty stealth clamps

Intake Box
-Intake box was sanded/smoothed to allow for smoother airflow

-The unused space within the OEM intake box was opened up to allow for more of the filter to be used and allowing the intake to breath better. This required some soldering of plastic on the intake box to ensure no places where the intake would pull air from the engine bay rather than through the intake (shown in the photos)

-One of the clip receivers on the top of the intake box is broken as shown in the photos (no issues keeping the engine cover on in the two years it was used)

-Gloss black high heat paint on the portion of the intake box to flow with the painted engine cover (shown in photos)

-Will include the filter currently in there, it was used for less than 1k miles so should be good for awhile

Engine cover
-Painted in a gloss black high heat paint to match the intake box and give the engine bay and overall sportier look and feel

-Two of the clips to secure the engine cover are broken (shown in photos), had no issues with the engine cover coming off or anything like that but wanted to point that out

-Some minor missing foam under the engine cover (as shown in photos), no performance impact from this but again wanted to point it out to be fully transparent See less[IMG][/IMG]

Appreciate 0