XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
x6er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x6 35i black on black

X6 back of front passenger seat loose and rattles

Hi all
need your opinion and comments. I just got my brand new X6. on the way home from the dealer, I noticed a buzzing noise from the passenger side, my wife was with me, so between the two of us, we found that if we pull or push on the front passenger door trim (the mid to bottom plastic or leather trim) the buzzing sound will disappear.
then I noticed that when the front passenger seat is not occupied, a rattle sound appears over the right bumps....I then discovered that the rattle is from the back of the front passenger seat. I also found that the back of this seat is looser than the other side and looser than the seats in our X5, that is - the back travels back and fourth more than the other seats. the rattle sounds like there is something loose inside the back of the seat. When the seat is occupied, no rattle!
did any body experience any of this? any info will be great to take to the dealer when I go for repair. Thx.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

No rattles from that position, but did have annoying noises due to the seat wiring harness clips down by the rails vibrating against them. Easy fix by dealer...
      08-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreToyz View Post
No rattles from that position, but did have annoying noises due to the seat wiring harness clips down by the rails vibrating against them. Easy fix by dealer...
Most noise should be easy fix, but locating it is the hardest part.

I still can't find my source of annoying noises. I only know it comes from the passenger side, slightly towards the rear
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Agree with ya there...