XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Scammed by dealer or not?

What do you guys think?

I ordered an x6 50 November 28. I was told at that time that I better order quick, as the available slot to order would enter into production early the following week. I have been told for the past 7 weeks that it will go into production "any day now" and that BMW was waiting for a rear view camera. I have been told that the vehicle was in status 112 for the past 7 weeks, where the very next step is production.

I was told by the salesperson that he would have his manager call the BMW rep this week to see what is up. 4 days later, this call never took place, and the manager knew nothing of the request. Today, I talked to another uninvolved salesman who checked the order and told me that the car has had a production date for a while, and it is in the 6th week of the year (Mid Feb). He told me that the car was in status 111, and not 112, as I had been led to believe.

Now it seems to me that the dealer did not have the production slots to order in November, and the salesman has been playing the "any day" game to hook me and hold me for the past 7 weeks. I cannot think of any other valid explanation for the above. Further, it appears that the production date of Mid Feb has been known for some time, and this info was held from me to get me to order from that dealer in November and not go elsewhere that had a valid production allocation.

Am I correct and am being played? or is there another possible explanation. I told the "innocent" salesperson this evening that I expect a good explanation tomorrow, or I cancel the order.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

some how I can't see the whole bmw X6 production line held up waiting for a camera. When i bought mine within two days i was given the production slot date and shortly thereafter the vin number (was actually emailed "your car is born" message). The car arrived three weeks earlier than projected.

So I would question why they don't seem to know what's going on. The fact that you talked to the salesman's manager and that didn't raise his concern would have me wondering what they consider good customer relations is. Most likely I would have gone somewhere else at that point.

Now if they actually did know that the car would not be produced until mid February and lied to get you to buy it in November by saying that it would "enter into production early the following week" then I think the local DA could have a talk with them about "bait and switch" tactics.

If this all went down as you said i would consider going to a different dealership , this doesn't sound like you are going to have a good experience there.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 02:05 AM   #3
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Go to another dealer immediately!

These people have too much business to bother dealing honestly w/ u.
Cancel ur order, Call BMWNA ask them if they consider ethics an important value in customer relations, go to another dealer who deserves your business!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

I placed an order in December 26th I'm being told that i`ll have car in 4-6 weeks, in few days after ordering a car, i received a tracking number for it. So i went and registered on website, so far there was no changes or any dates, so i went to my dealer and asked him a questions, he said the same thing that car manufacture date is mid Feb. And delivery will be around the end of Feb. And in this Monday i called BMWNA - the girl on the phone, didn't know shit either....she said its in production daily. So far my experience with BMW is not that great.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Year1of1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50

there was a issue w/ the back up camera, but it only held up ordered that actually had the tech package...

sounds like the dealer didn't have slots available when you ordered, i'd cancel my order and buy at another dealership. 7 weeks is a long time to wait for a car to hit production. I ordered by x5 w/ tech package in mid december and its 1 day away from being delivered to the dealer.
2015 X1 - retired
2020 X5 M50i - On Order
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

wow so there really is a camera shortage !

Edited: took out quote since it seems to upset SOME people , habit with me as in a long thread it maybe hard to relate post to original without fipping back multiple pages. so not CHANGING what I said just removed the quote.

Last edited by dmlgc; 01-23-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Customer orders are merely sales allocation. Meaning the vehicle is going to get built whether you order it or not.

There are production delays from time to time and I doubt anyone really gets the truth as to why.

If you are that upset, life is to short, buy off the lot.

Some folks have waited 9 months for a car they are leasing for two years. I never understood that logic.
      01-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Just called BMWNA again, and they said the same, aprx start date is Feb, and arpx delivery will be in the end of the Feb.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
PeteP
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

I've heard that there was a shortage of the top view cameras due to a supplier problem. I understood that the few they had were being reserved only for vehicles that were special ordered (as opposed to vehicles that are for the dealer's inventory). You should make sure that your dealer coded your car properly to show that it is a special order for a customer. It is also possible that they completely ran out of cameras which means that it would not matter how the order was coded.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 02:56 AM   #10
artrosis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
You better believe theres a camera shortage.
      01-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #11
JScates
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 50

Get your Production # & I can tell you the exact status. I'll email you back the build sheet info. Even if it's in 112, it will have scheduled production date. I ordered my BMW employee lease last week of November & had to pass on the Camera to get it by Dec 31st, but we've had the camera option opened back up, so your wait should be over.
Appreciate 0