XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-21-2020, 10:57 PM   #1
HtownBlue
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35i

2013 35i E70 8 speed Transmission question....

Does anyone know the part numbers or possibly a link for the correct Mechatronic valve seals needed for the 8 speed transmission?
I can only seem to find those which are perfectly cylindrical and those with the “scoop” at the end. I want to make sure I purchase the correct set along with the other seals etc. etc. when I do the service. Thanks for any responses.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownBlue View Post
Does anyone know the part numbers or possibly a link for the correct Mechatronic valve seals needed for the 8 speed transmission?
I can only seem to find those which are perfectly cylindrical and those with the “scoop” at the end. I want to make sure I purchase the correct set along with the other seals etc. etc. when I do the service. Thanks for any responses.
I recently did this to mine along with replacing all the solenoids (150K miles on it). There is only one true mechatronic sleeve for the ZF8HP that goes between the valvebody and transmission (B release). It is incredibly hard to find and the only place I was able to get mine was off of Ebay. Below is a link, takes about 7-10 days to arrive from the netherlands. Comes with two other mechatronic seals that you might as well replace while you are in there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ZF-8HP4...UAAOSw6OFdYtbr
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
HtownBlue
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I recently did this to mine along with replacing all the solenoids (150K miles on it). There is only one true mechatronic sleeve for the ZF8HP that goes between the valvebody and transmission (B release). It is incredibly hard to find and the only place I was able to get mine was off of Ebay. Below is a link, takes about 7-10 days to arrive from the netherlands. Comes with two other mechatronic seals that you might as well replace while you are in there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-ZF-8HP4...UAAOSw6OFdYtbr
Thank you for the feedback friend. Great find on the seal kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 12:13 PM   #4
drummr8
6MT FTMFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335xi E91 6MT 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Did this make a big/noticeable difference in your shift quality? My E70 has 130k miles on it and I've done the fluid and filter change, but it still doesn't shift that great. I particularly hate the 1-2 shift.