XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #23
Niulian43
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6

Hello
How do you help me please to get the gear selector like yours ? I mean the instalation and Comunicate whit the car , I All ready have steering and the Nbt Evo working , I have Made all my self like hobby for my self...bmw e72 2010 is the car
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #24
Niulian43
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6

Gear selector help

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Well just was thinking about updating the interior a bit as its getting long in the tooth, and came across a few pics showing the NBT EVO upgrade and the steering wheel from the f15 and the shifter from the newer cars..... They sell adapters that make it all work so no lost functionality, in fact you can gain some. I like the white numbers vs the classic orange.

What y'all think ? Yay or nay ? Anything I'm missing ?
Hello
How do you help me please to get the gear selector like yours ? I mean the instalation and Comunicate whit the car , I All ready have steering and the Nbt Evo working , I have Made all my self like hobby for my self...bmw e72 2010 is the car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #25
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

Quote:
The wheels are all over eBay for 375 and up. With the airbag cover costing under a hundred. Have seen some for 450 with airbag. Just look up f10 steering wheel and theirs more of them than any e70 wheel lol ! Their are tons!!!

So was looking at around 2500 to 3000 for everything.

From what I understand their have been some advancements in the modules and have fixed a lot of issues that the earlier ones had. That's the problem theirs new updated stuff coming out all the time. The retrofits keep getting better and more seamless in their execution.
how risky it is to have an adapter to the steering wheel? I am concerned about the safety..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:20 PM   #26
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnake View Post
Quote:
The wheels are all over eBay for 375 and up. With the airbag cover costing under a hundred. Have seen some for 450 with airbag. Just look up f10 steering wheel and theirs more of them than any e70 wheel lol ! Their are tons!!!

From what I understand their have been some advancements in the modules and have fixed a lot of issues that the earlier ones had. That's the problem theirs new updated stuff coming out all the time. The retrofits keep getting better and more seamless in their execution.
how risky it is to have an adapter to the steering wheel? I am concerned about the safety..
Mine worked great. And all the connections work without issue. Best part was the cruise control on the steering wheel.

Never got around to installing the shifter.

Don't have the truck any more. Have a 40e F15 m-sport.

Here was the last image I took of the completed project.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #27
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No adapter needed, direct bolt on.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #28
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, I meant the electrical adapter.. Or it is only for the controls? the airbag still operates directly from the car itself?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #29
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, I meant the electrical adapter.. Or it is only for the controls? the airbag still operates directly from the car itself?
Yea the adapter (module) is just for the controls and fits under the steering column not between the steering wheel and clock spring.

It's just connects to the steering wheel control loom under the kick panel and sends the adapted signal to the newer controls.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #30
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yea the adapter (module) is just for the controls and fits under the steering column not between the steering wheel and clock spring.

It's just connects to the steering wheel control loom under the kick panel and sends the adapted signal to the newer controls.
got it, thanks! carsystems web site does not show the prices.. how much approx is this module? I love the wheel (especially that is is smaller in diameter) but the cost of it on ebay is ~$1000 (plus adapter)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 12:36 AM   #31
RichardH
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X5M

Anyone fitted this?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253166893244

Seems there's only one supplier
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #32
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
Anyone fitted this?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F253166893244

Seems there's only one supplier
That's absolutely insane - nice execution but insane. 350 euro and 200 euro shipping? They make one that fits the phone cradle in the center console for less than 10% of that cost I'd say.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:19 AM   #33
RichardH
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post
That's absolutely insane - nice execution but insane. 350 euro and 200 euro shipping? They make one that fits the phone cradle in the center console for less than 10% of that cost I'd say.

I completely agree.
But I like the oem look ,will try to get another supplier
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:31 AM   #34
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post
And that is the one I will be getting lol, the one on ebay is highway robbery
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #35
dlucas589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '19 X5 40iMSpt, '20 X7 40i

Has anyone else done the gear shift retrofit? I talked to Adrian (Carsystems/custom retrofit garage) and he said whoever did that in the photo just replaced the lever and kept the lower electronics the same. Working on wheel and NBT evo upgrade right now, then going to try to do the gearshift.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #36
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

I've done a few mods to make the interior feel a little more modern

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 08:09 PM   #37
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
I've done a few mods to make the interior feel a little more modern
Very Nice!
Great Job...
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 09:47 AM   #38
dtkw969
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

Hi guys,

I've done the steering retrofit for f10 m sport wheel into the e70. I was hoping if you could advise me a little.

Where did the pink horn wire and brown earth wire from the e70 wiring loom go to in the f10 wheel?

Also, how do you get the paddles to work? Those require something else independent from the Carsystems module, right? I read something about changing the resistance, but which wires though?

Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #39
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw969 View Post
Hi guys,

I've done the steering retrofit for f10 m sport wheel into the e70. I was hoping if you could advise me a little.

Where did the pink horn wire and brown earth wire from the e70 wiring loom go to in the f10 wheel?

Also, how do you get the paddles to work? Those require something else independent from the Carsystems module, right? I read something about changing the resistance, but which wires though?

Thanks a bunch.
Hey their! It's been a while but their system comes with an installation page. I remember I had to splice two wires together at one point. Sorry it's just been years and the wheel sold with the harness so I don't have any recollection. I may be able to dig up some old photos as I document all that stuff.

As for the paddles it's a guy is lasvegas makes a loom that goes from the paddles from the clock spring and connects to your shifter. It's actually a nice workaround and works flawlessly. No splicing required. And completely reversible. The e70 unless you have the sport with the paddles originally doesn't have the wires to support just coding so you need the loom.

Not sure if he still does it but I think I posted a link to his webpage a while ago.

I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #40
dtkw969
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hey their! It's been a while but their system comes with an installation page. I remember I had to splice two wires together at one point. Sorry it's just been years and the wheel sold with the harness so I don't have any recollection. I may be able to dig up some old photos as I document all that stuff.

As for the paddles it's a guy is lasvegas makes a loom that goes from the paddles from the clock spring and connects to your shifter. It's actually a nice workaround and works flawlessly. No splicing required. And completely reversible. The e70 unless you have the sport with the paddles originally doesn't have the wires to support just coding so you need the loom.

Not sure if he still does it but I think I posted a link to his webpage a while ago.

Hey there i figured out the horn situation, thanks!

My 35i came with paddles originally, so does that mean all I need is coding?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 10:38 PM   #41
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw969 View Post
Quote:

Hey there i figured out the horn situation, thanks!

My 35i came with paddles originally, so does that mean all I need is coding?
If it came with paddles they should work. I think the purple wire or something like that but theirs a provision for the paddles on the box.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #42
dtkw969
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggedX5 View Post
Yes, need F10 wheel, nothing else fits.
did you need to switch out the f10 paddle shifter resistors to match the e70 to get the paddles to work, or was it plug and play for you?

My f10 wheel paddles doesn't work on my e70. The old M sport e70 wheel works fine though. I opened up the circuit boards and they run different resistances.

the left images are the e70 board, and the right images are the f10 board.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #43
vanreturn
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 2007

Hello C,

Could you give me how to swap the g11 gear knot to your e70, is any coding or just PnP. Thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #44
GreenYamo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine worked great. And all the connections work without issue. Best part was the cruise control on the steering wheel.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are the foot pedals and screen retro fit?
Appreciate 0