XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
titanle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 Activehybrid

Foxwell reader

Hi there

Is the FT510 a good reader to get? Is there one that does the programming as well? Or would I have to buy a separate unit for that? I see it for $179 on amazon with a $25 off coupon.

Thanks guys

Edit: I have a e72 X6 activehybrid. I got the parking brake error that I want to clear and if possible to remove the tpms light. I’d like to be able to see what the drivetrain malfunction error means when it shows up.

Last edited by titanle; 05-30-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dollma2.50
      05-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
Dollma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5d

I have an x5e70 and it is good for removing codes on it. It looks like it does a lot more than just that but I have not figured it out yet. I'm pretty sure you cannot register a battery with it. I know for me I used it when I had issues with the egr problems and paid for itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanle View Post
Hi there

Is the FT510 a good reader to get? Is there one that does the programming as well? Or would I have to buy a separate unit for that? I see it for $179 on amazon with a $25 off coupon.

Thanks guys

Edit: I have a e72 X6 activehybrid. I got the parking brake error that I want to clear and if possible to remove the tpms light. I’d like to be able to see what the drivetrain malfunction error means when it shows up.
Are you referring to the NT510? If so, it does have a lot of features, not ISTA level, but better than most. It is VERY slow, very slow. For example, on my Autpophix 7910 scanner, I can clear codes in seconds from initial power on. On my NT510, 5-10 minutes before I get to that point. It is not a grab and go setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
titanle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 Activehybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlpower View Post
Are you referring to the NT510? If so, it does have a lot of features, not ISTA level, but better than most. It is VERY slow, very slow. For example, on my Autpophix 7910 scanner, I can clear codes in seconds from initial power on. On my NT510, 5-10 minutes before I get to that point. It is not a grab and go setup.
Yes the NT510. I see there are never models on the foxwell website. Would you recommend Autophix over foxwell?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 04:42 PM   #5
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanle View Post
Hi there

Thanks guys

Edit: I have a e72 X6 activehybrid. I got the parking brake error that I want to clear and if possible to remove the tpms light. I'd like to be able to see what the drivetrain malfunction error means when it shows up.
Why not just buy the BimmerLink and/or BimmerCode app, buy the recommended Bluetooth OBD adapter (NOT elm327) and still have money left over?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
l8rhosen
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011BMW x5 50i

I just got my NT530 today. Ordered from foxwelltool.com
Free shipping and got here in just a few days.. cheaper than amazon.

I've used bluetooth dongles on other vehicles and they just weren't reliable (bluedriver the most recent). Couldn't keep a reliable connection.
Appreciate 0