XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
dtkw969
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 135

F10 M Sport Steering Wheel Retrofit Question

Hi guys,

I have a 2010 EU Specced x5 n55.

For some reason, I have a dual stage airbag ( green and black connector) but my car connector is a single stage airbag one.

Short story is that I bought an F10 M sport wheel with a dual stage airbag connector, and I need to swap out the yellow connectors at the end of the harness so that I can connect it to my car.

My problem is, the F10 airbag wiring sequence in the yellow connector is different than the E70 sequence.

As you can see in the photo in the F10 bag from left to right on the airbag, the sequence in the yellow connector is 4,3,2,1. In the E70, the sequence is 3,4,1,2.

Also not shown in photo is a brown earth cable and a pink cable from my e70 harness.

Question: which sequence do I follow? f10 or e70 bag? And do i need to use the pink and brown cable as well? Those were in position 5( pink ) and position 6 (brown).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0