XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-28-2022, 08:04 AM   #1
Haych2991
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x6

BMW x6 needs help

Hi all

First time posting here.

I have a clanking noise coming from the rear drivers side wheel area. It only makes the noise when the wheels are moving, generally happens more when actually putting power to the car rather than rolling, but can happen occasionally while rolling.

I've been mainly advised it would be the hand break shoes... these are fine according to my local BMW garage. I have changed the break pads & discs, have also put new tyres on. Have also visited various garages over the last few months, a lot of which say they can't seem to locate the issue.
Whenever work has been done on the vehicle, the sound will generally stop for maybe a week or two, then it returns.

It was pretty sporadic when I first noticed it i.e. it wouldn't happen all the time. But now it is happening 99% of the time, the other 1% it will eventually do it but not straight away.

ANY help on this will be extremely appreciated.

I would attach a video of said noise, but I'm not all that tech savy and when I click to attach a file, it says upload error - invalid file... sorry

Thank you for your time.

H
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 10:53 PM   #2
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Does it also make occasional thumping noise when standing still? It could be a loose front reinforcement plate. The bolts need to be properly stretched (56Nm and 70~90 deg) for the reinforcement plate to function as intended.