XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #67
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
If you were Hoss, you would be saying, "It's alright, it was just a shoulder wound."
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #68
gjm120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Saying things that one might consider uncivil and saying TO BE uncivil are two different things.
You're being much too nuanced for the peanut gallery.

Yesterday, 02:27 PM   #69
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Has she lost her mind? Or is her true self oozing out?

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

So there will be no civility unless the Democrats win - that pretty much says it all. She joins Maxine Waters and many others.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...s-win-congress
Ohhhh the irony. One of the foremost Trump apologists on here, talking about democrats being uncivil. Would you like me to post all the uncivil things Trump has been saying since 2015? It would probably break bimmerpost.
Did Trump call for attacks on democrat politicians? Maybe I missed that, but I honestly don't remember him doing that. Much less, saying anything close to "civility can only return if we win?" He's very bombastic, but Hillary's comments are far out of line.

Yesterday, 02:39 PM   #70
gjm120
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did Trump call for attacks on democrat politicians? Maybe I missed that, but I honestly don't remember him doing that. Much less, saying anything close to "civility can only return if we win?" He's very bombastic, but Hillary's comments are far out of line.
G-dammit. I can still see RD's posts when someone responds.
      Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #71
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
And then you have this; but hey, they're conservatives, so it's okay.

Republicans get busted posing as communists, trying to donate to Democratic campaign

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/ohal...ns-communists/
"In a statement sent to the Guardian on Thursday morning, a spokesman for O'Halleran's Republican opponent, Wendy Rogers, said: "This is news to us. No one from our campaign was involved in this juvenile stunt."

Fake news?

Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #72
are0lies
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
"In a statement sent to the Guardian on Thursday morning, a spokesman for O'Halleran's Republican opponent, Wendy Rogers, said: "This is news to us. No one from our campaign was involved in this juvenile stunt."

Fake news?
How about a cite? I'd like to read that. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #73
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post

As did these guys.

Far-Right 'Proud Boys' Kick, Punch People in New York Following Speech From Leader (Gavin McInnes)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-ri...es&via=rss
Fake news?

"A disturbing video taken at the scene by independent journalist Sandi Bachom appears to show dozens of Proud Boys swarming two people on the ground, shouting "you're dead, motherfucker" and "******" as they take turns attacking them. Three people were arrested following the event, according to police, though a public defender with the Legal Aid Society says she's confirmed that the arrests were of anti-racist protesters. An NYPD spokesperson told Gothamist that they have "no reference to Proud Boys" in any police reports."

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrRJKavan...07107519184896

https://nypost.com/2018/10/13/three-...d-boys-leader/
      Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #74
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Fake news?
How about a cite? I'd like to read that. Thanks.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nation-attempt
      Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #75
are0lies
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Fake news?
Found it. Maybe the guy was trying to make points, unless he got fired because of this "stunt."

"Speaking to the Guardian, Coleman identified the second man as a field organizer for the Arizona Republican party and said Ahmahd Sadia was not his real name. The Guardian later learned that the man had been fired from his job with the party."
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #76
gjm120
Captain
United_States
Rep

For anyone who equates Trumps uncivil behaviour (which isn't denied) with the sort of actions being tacitly encouraged by the Dems, consider this hypothetical situation...

Go up to a very mean person (maybe an outlaw biker or some sort of violent criminal), insult them. After they beat you to a pulp you press charges. The defendant tells the court but, but the plaintiff called me a name. Judge says ok & charges dropped.

How would you like this outcome?

Yesterday, 03:24 PM   #77
are0lies
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fake news?

"A disturbing video taken at the scene by independent journalist Sandi Bachom appears to show dozens of Proud Boys swarming two people on the ground, shouting "you're dead, motherfucker" and "******" as they take turns attacking them. Three people were arrested following the event, according to police, though a public defender with the Legal Aid Society says she's confirmed that the arrests were of anti-racist protesters. An NYPD spokesperson told Gothamist that they have "no reference to Proud Boys" in any police reports."

You may have noticed that one source makes these guys look like the bad guys, and a different source makes them look like the victims. The truth has to lie in the middle somewhere.
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2222.00
Zugzwang608.00

Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #78
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Fake news?
Found it. Maybe the guy was trying to make points, unless he got fired because of this "stunt."

"Speaking to the Guardian, Coleman identified the second man as a field organizer for the Arizona Republican party and said Ahmahd Sadia was not his real name. The Guardian later learned that the man had been fired from his job with the party."
But they didn't list a source either. It's this kind of sloppy reporting that shouldn't be tolerated in the media. Perhaps the whole thing is indeed as they spun it (they all sound like crazies on both sides), but who really knows?
      Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #79
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Fake news?

You may have noticed that one source makes these guys look like the bad guys, and a different source makes them look like the victims. The truth has to lie in the middle somewhere.
Completely agree.