XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #1
Christ00pher
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, e46

e70 drivers seat adjustment not working

Hey, got a problem with my recently bought X5 E70. The electric adjustment of the drivers seat doesn't work, there's no reaction to the buttons and there's no 'click' when using those buttons. I've tried adjusting the seats using INPA and everything works there. So, as it works in INPA, I guess that the module and motors are fine. Is there anything else I should check before getting a new seat control panel? Previous owner said that it stopped working after the battery died. Fuses are fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 03:13 PM   #2
Daytonawim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 LCI 3.5i 2012

Put the Seat up as high as it can with INPA, and check for a lose connector under the Seat.

If you have memory, and you press the memory button, does the light in the button light up? ( I think mine does)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2023, 03:50 PM   #3
Christ00pher
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5, e46

It seemed that everything was connected but I will try to reconnect every connector. I checked the errors in Bimmerlink and made it a bit clearer compared to INPA. K-CAN Bus line fault, and short circuit against plus in the drivers seat occupancy mat. I am pretty sure it doesn't light up in my case.
Appreciate 0