XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

04-30-2022, 11:54 PM   #1
Besters1
Give to Receive
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M e70

"Champs" Silvertone X5M | Operation Orignal+

Hi Everyone, my friends call me Champ. I am a driving enthusiast recently moved to the bay. I have always loved the E70 X5M, but I was in high school when it came out... it was so far out of my reach. I was looking for a clean well maintained example for a while and I finally found one. Mileage is more than I wanted but overall I'm very happy with the condition.

2011 BMW X5M
Silvertone Metallic
89,000 miles
3 year Warranty

My goal with this vehicle is to restore it to its original working condition. Freshen up the suspension, cooling, new Pilot 4s tires, and whatever else to make this an enjoyable daily driver and weekend mountain driver. Maybe some tasteful upgrades. Searching hi and lo for an - M PERFORMANCE CARBON FRONT FRONT LIP SPOILER...

Any advice or input please share....

Last edited by Besters1; 05-01-2022 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 12:04 AM   #2
Besters1
Give to Receive
United_States
Rep

pics

Trying to post some pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 12:10 AM   #3
Besters1
Give to Receive
United_States
Rep

More Pics

More Pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///SY33140.00
XRatedM136.50
      05-01-2022, 09:32 AM   #4
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

That's a beauty! Welcome to the forum. The interior looks WELL cared for, nice choice.

I'm thought those oem front splitters were no longer available new...they show back ordered in most places. You might find some old new stock or used. I had hoped a used one would of shown up on the classifieds by now...but don't recall seeing one...GL with your search.

Looking forward to your posts...
      05-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #5
Besters1
Give to Receive
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
That's a beauty! Welcome to the forum. The interior looks WELL cared for, nice choice.

I'm thought those oem front splitters were no longer available new...they show back ordered in most places. You might find some old new stock or used. I had hoped a used one would of shown up on the classifieds by now...but don't recall seeing one...GL with your search.

Looking forward to your posts...
Hi Argento, wow your build has been a real journey. I wish I had the space to do some work on my car. I actually found one for sale, but its $1750.00 USD... Is that the going rate?
Appreciate 1
argento538.00
      05-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #6
Besters1
Give to Receive
United_States
Rep

Wheel, Tires and Brakes, etc... Update....

I actually purchased the vehicle in March. So I have been meaning to create this blog for a while, and I have been able to do a few upgrades since I purchased this vehicle.

Note... about 1 week after I purchased the vehicle I did the 90k mile maintenance and had the shop update anything that looked like it would pose an issue. The bill came to $7500.00, warranty definitely helped out. There was a lot of work done, if anyone wants details... let me know. But now my X5m rides better than ever.

Last week I ordered some parts:

-EBC red Stuff Brakes
-H&R Lowering Springs 1.2F/1.0R
-Spacers 15/25
-Michelin Pilot Sport 4s Tires / Stock sizes

So far only the tires installed... And last week had my wheels powder coated "Dark Hyper Silver" and had the calipers Painted (wasn't 100% sure if I'd like the color so didn't powder coat calipers yet)...

Would love any feedback you guys might have...
Attached Images

Last edited by Besters1; 05-02-2022 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 04:11 PM   #7
///SY33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Super clean! Congrats, definitely looks very well cared for--especially that interior. Great to see another SS on SS member on here and I love the direction you're headed with it.

As far as the $1750 asking price for the lip, I'd say it's "fair" considering it's NLA and extremely difficult to find. It's your money so you ultimately have to decide how bad you want it. I found one for about that price and gave it some serious consideration before I found a used one on here.
Appreciate 1
argento538.00
      05-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #8
XRatedM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' X5M - 19' VW GTI

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Well cared for vehicles speak for themselves - looking great! Love Silverstone on white!
Appreciate 0