XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
X6M///cross
Rep
Drives: X6M E71

Rear air strut leak

I have noticed rear sag after 24-48hrs of sitting. (2010 X6M with active air suspension) At the shop they diagnosed a leak in both of the air struts on the rear. Down at the lowest sitting part of the strut there looks to be a little circle of plastic and its leaking from there. (sorry no pics)
There appears to be very few options for aftermarket parts and the stock struts are 2700$ to replace. What about just a dab of silicone caulk on that leaking part. Any recommendations or experience with these??
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #2
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6M///cross View Post
I have noticed rear sag after 24-48hrs of sitting. (2010 X6M with active air suspension) At the shop they diagnosed a leak in both of the air struts on the rear. Down at the lowest sitting part of the strut there looks to be a little circle of plastic and its leaking from there. (sorry no pics)
There appears to be very few options for aftermarket parts and the stock struts are 2700$ to replace. What about just a dab of silicone caulk on that leaking part. Any recommendations or experience with these??
I believe you should be able to buy just the air bag part for significantly less. I haven't had to myself, but have seen it discussed before.
      07-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
X6M///cross
Rep
Drives: X6M E71

not the air bag... the actual strut is leaking
Appreciate 0