XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
arthur_w10
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW x5

2006 BMW X5 problem with battery drain

Hello I am having an issue with my 2006 BMW X5 battery draining. If I leave the car park more than 24 hours the battery drains dead. I've checked on the internet and saw that there was an issue with the tail lights training a battery from a short a change zones out and still the problem happens. I do have a aftermarket radio in the vehicle I disconnected that to see if that was the issue and the problem still happens. Does anyone out there know what this issue maybe or have a way of tracing down what is draining the battery.

Thanks,
Art
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
Molez93
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M, 2001 740i

You sure it's an E70? Didn't think they started until 2007 MY, anyway...

Another common problem is failing proximity/convenience door locks. They usually demonstrate strange behavior before truly becoming a problem, but one or more can end up always "on" searching for a key fob- draining the battery in the process.

That strange behavior was a random locking and unlocking with me nearby. Seem to recall unexpectedly returning to an unlocked vehicle after being pretty certain I had locked it before leaving.
Appreciate 0