XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
carlosc04
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6M

Warranty Issues

Hi guys, Im new to this forum, Ive had my X6M for a year already and absolutely love it, never had issues with it till last week. I live in south Texas, where the weather is crazy one day is hot the other day is raining then its cold and so on. We had 3 days of non stop rain, which caused the majority of the streets from my city to flood. I left the X6 outside my house not thinking the streets were going to flood. To make this "story" short the truck didn't flood but the water did reach up to the half of the wheel. I didn't move it at all, I waited till the water got lower to move the truck further in my drive way. As soon as I started the truck I had a service light, can't recall what it said, but it said something like keep speed below speed limit and a pic of what appeared to be the front axle. Took the truck to the dealer, dealer is saying that the truck had water inside the intercoolers and gave me a quote of all the work that needed to be done, which equaled to like 4k in parts and labor, and they told me that it would have to be out of my pocket since it Was in a way my fault. SO I decline the work to be done and told them to just change the oil and the air filters, since the paper air filters were damaged by the water. Now the dealer is wanting me to pay $630.00 for the oil change and the filters and the service light to be deleted. Now my questions is this, if Iam in the program that BMW offers, where you don't pay for service, or maintenance, Should I have to pay this? Isn't oil changes and filters part of maintenance? any help or advice would help thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
Rygel XXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

That really sucks about the truck! I'm sorry to hear it.

Your situation is a tough one but I think you're SOL. I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet there are provisions in the service and warranty info that specifically excuse performance in the event of third party or "act of God" damage. I wouldn't expect that they would cover replacing the intercoolers or air filter if someone ran into the car either.

I'd think your insurance company would be the right place to submit a claim. Just not sure you'd want to deal with the increased premiums if it covered the claim.

Sorry man- good luck with everything!
Appreciate 0