XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
maxi1211
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5Diesel

Question 2011 X5 Diesel with 10 Power Train codes!!! Please Help!!!

I just purchased a used 2011 X5 Diesel with 100K miles from internet. The seller ripped me off saying the car was perfect. As I received the car from the transporter (I purchased the car from NY and I live in GA) I noticed the car was not as describe. Contact the seller and he end up blocking my number.

Well, now I have to solve the problem that I purchased the best as I can. My car is throwing the following codes

P0611
P0101
P0112
P0506
P0401
P0300
P323F
P0273
P1729
P0305

The car runs OK for about a couple of minutes and then it does not have any power and the engine will stall. If I press the gas will stall again. I have to wait til the engine cool down completely to be able to continue driving.

I started removing the EGR valve and throttle body and noticed there is a lot of carbon there. The intake manifold also has a lot of carbon too. I did a little research and believe that is one of the problems.

I will clean both and then anyone has any suggestion what I should do next???

Thank you again for all your help and hopefully someone can help me. I do not want to end up taking the car to the dealer because will cost me a fortune so I want to fix it myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
self_russell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35D. Pure stock

I looked up all your codes. Looks like 2 of them are for #5 misfire. The others look like MAF, EGR, and other air/fuel issues.

Sounds like your egr is clogged with carbon build up, possible SCR or cat is clogged. I'd really like to know what your pre SCR and POST SCR temps are. Sounds like it's getting hot and clogging. Look up BimmerGeeks ProTools and their Kdcn cable. If youd like and done mind paying shipping, you can barrow my cable to trouble shoot.

Note of the program, it only works on Andriod platforms.

Find me on facebook of you want to talk more(self_russell@yahoo.com)
I'll direct you to my go to group. They have really helped me a ton. I also have a used injector I'll sell you.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #3
maxi1211
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_russell View Post
I looked up all your codes. Looks like 2 of them are for #5 misfire. The others look like MAF, EGR, and other air/fuel issues.

Sounds like your egr is clogged with carbon build up, possible SCR or cat is clogged. I'd really like to know what your pre SCR and POST SCR temps are. Sounds like it's getting hot and clogging. Look up BimmerGeeks ProTools and their Kdcn cable. If youd like and done mind paying shipping, you can barrow my cable to trouble shoot.

Note of the program, it only works on Andriod platforms.

Find me on facebook of you want to talk more(self_russell@yahoo.com)
I'll direct you to my go to group. They have really helped me a ton. I also have a used injector I'll sell you.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for your offer.

My scanner is very generic so I can not have the information you mentioned.

I hope after I clean the EGR and intake most of the problems will be solve.

How would you recommend to clean the carbon from the EGR and intake??

My friend is helping me this Friday so hopefully we can get it done on the same day
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
self_russell
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35D. Pure stock

For the intake manifold you can take it off and clean it out. They make kits to clean carbon build up. Walnut blasting is great but make sure you follow instructions and make sure your valves are closed on the cylinder when you clean it.

On an Andriod device, look up BimmerGeeks ProTools app. It is about $140 for the full permissions. Great tool for the BMWs. They sell Bluetooth, WIFI and corded adapter to work on your device. Highly suggest you get on facebook and look up North American BMW Diesel Association. Great group. Tons of knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:12 PM   #5
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
If you do have a #5 misfire, check for a broken engine partition. Water leaks in from the cowl and corrodes the #5 injector electrical connector. It has happened to a few diesels. https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1195999

Scan for BMW codes with this cable https://www.bimmergeeks.net/product-...eeks-pro-cable

And this software.
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1023698
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
Juno01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
If you do have a #5 misfire, check for a broken engine partition. Water leaks in from the cowl and corrodes the #5 injector electrical connector. It has happened to a few diesels. https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1195999

Scan for BMW codes with this cable https://www.bimmergeeks.net/product-...eeks-pro-cable

And this software.
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh....php?t=1023698
Definitely this! ISTA is a must.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #7
maxi1211
Registered
United_States
Rep

I purchased a new scanner (Foxwell NT520) with a software for BMWs. I will update about the codes on my new scanner.

I almost took the intake but there is one bolt that I am fighting with. Should I take the intake and the EGR to a machine shop to professional clean them??? If not how should I clean them???

Also how do I close the valves if the intake is open when I am planning to clean the valves??

What is the best way to clean the valves. I was reading to use CRC Intake cleaning spry. Should I use that product or clean it another way???

Thank you for all your help and please give me a bit of direction towards my new task.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #8
maxi1211
Registered
United_States
Rep

I have some water that is sitting by cylinder #5. Not idea where the water is coming from but I will defiantly check for corrosion on that injector and connectors.

Any suggestions where that water is coming from and how can I prevent to happen again???
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 05:59 PM   #9
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

broken partitions. very common on the e70.

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0