XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
bombxx
Registered
Rep
Drives: x6

2011 X6 35I engine damaged/need replace a new Engine

Hey guys, i got a problem and need some help from you guys. My first language is not English, but ill try to describe what had happened on me as clear as i can . I hope you guys could give me some advice/suggestion that what i can do.

I purchased my 2011 X6 35i on January 2013 in my local BMW dealership--Calgary BMW(Canada), the car was a certified pre-owned vehicle so it comes with 6 years/120000 warranty, the warranty expired on May 7th 2016. It has 88000km currently.

My car has had an engine problem for a long time. these are all on records and only in 2015, there were 4 more times on 2014.

June 15th 2015 engine light on and replaced engine control module.

August 13th 2015 engine light on replaced fuel tank safety valve.

September 25th 2015 strange noise from the engine(engine lights on)

Nov 23rd 2015 parking brake malfunction and strange noise from the engine(engine lights on).

!!Most significantly the engine suddenly shut down while I was driving on highway 3 times last year (both occurrences in May 2015).!!!
when I sent my car to the dealership I was told that they don't know why but everything seemed fine. They removed the code and told me you don't need to worry about that and it won’t happen again.

On May 30 2016, the engine shut down when I driving on the highway AGAIN!

The vehicle was then towed again to the BMW Gallery and after three week I was told that I need a completely new engine for which they will pay $10000 for the replacement engine but the further $12500 would be my responsibility. My warranty had expired 20 days before this incident happened.

For me I don't think this is fair,
1:When the service workers from the dealership told me everything was fine when engine shutdown 3 times in 2015, while still under warranty, but I am now being asked to pay a great deal for the same issue as soon as my warranty had expired.

2:And this was an old issue that never got fixed and it has put my life at risk for the past year, now after my warranty is up I am asked to pay an incredible amount to solve this problem that should have been dealt with from the start.

what do you guys think? I feel its not fair to pay that 12,500$ to replace the engine, Is there anything else i can do?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
igorbmwx6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombxx View Post
Hey guys, i got a problem and need some help from you guys. My first language is not English, but ill try to describe what had happened on me as clear as i can . I hope you guys could give me some advice/suggestion that what i can do.

I purchased my 2011 X6 35i on January 2013 in my local BMW dealership--Calgary BMW(Canada), the car was a certified pre-owned vehicle so it comes with 6 years/120000 warranty, the warranty expired on May 7th 2016. It has 88000km currently.

My car has had an engine problem for a long time. these are all on records and only in 2015, there were 4 more times on 2014.

June 15th 2015 engine light on and replaced engine control module.

August 13th 2015 engine light on replaced fuel tank safety valve.

September 25th 2015 strange noise from the engine(engine lights on)

Nov 23rd 2015 parking brake malfunction and strange noise from the engine(engine lights on).

!!Most significantly the engine suddenly shut down while I was driving on highway 3 times last year (both occurrences in May 2015).!!!
when I sent my car to the dealership I was told that they don't know why but everything seemed fine. They removed the code and told me you don't need to worry about that and it won’t happen again.

On May 30 2016, the engine shut down when I driving on the highway AGAIN!

The vehicle was then towed again to the BMW Gallery and after three week I was told that I need a completely new engine for which they will pay $10000 for the replacement engine but the further $12500 would be my responsibility. My warranty had expired 20 days before this incident happened.

For me I don't think this is fair,
1:When the service workers from the dealership told me everything was fine when engine shutdown 3 times in 2015, while still under warranty, but I am now being asked to pay a great deal for the same issue as soon as my warranty had expired.

2:And this was an old issue that never got fixed and it has put my life at risk for the past year, now after my warranty is up I am asked to pay an incredible amount to solve this problem that should have been dealt with from the start.

what do you guys think? I feel its not fair to pay that 12,500$ to replace the engine, Is there anything else i can do?
If you lived in USA, I would suggest contacting BMW of N/A for assistance. Since you are in Canada, try BMW of Canada. When you have a case like yours, where there is a 20-days out of warranty border-line type of deal, BMW factory is very good about it. They will listen to your case, look at all the details and then make a decision based on their findings. Most often the decision will be in your favor. Good luck with it.
Appreciate 0