XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-25-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
MakyX6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D e71

BMW X6 E71 Front coil springs

Hello everyone!
I need some help.
I have a BMW X6 35d e71 with Sport driver's package. It comes with an adaptive suspension (only one mode where it stiffens the suspension a little bit). Here is the thing. My front coil spring broke and I was wondering does the adaptive suspension plays any part in OEM coil springs? All I found was the Sachs coil spring OEM 993539 for my model and my question is are there any other coil springs for my suspension or is it all the same?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 09:00 AM   #2
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

You can swap in a different coil spring into your strut assembly with adaptive suspension. Depending on what springs you choose you can change your ride and height. Outside of a used OEM coil spring as a repair to get back on the road, I would recommend changing both springs. A used OEM pair would be easy to find with many going to lowering springs. I have a spare x5m pair. I installed the dinan lowering springs, but it only drops it around 5/8". HR springs will be a more tangible drop but use F10 M5 bump stops for a better ride. And then there's everything else. GL.

FWIW - I made a long-winded Lowering Springs DIY, pdf, on page 11 of my build thread link below.
      06-27-2022, 12:44 AM   #3
MakyX6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D e71

Glad to hear that. I'll definitely replace both springs. I'll stick with OEM springs for now. Haven't really tought about lowering the car but sometime later who knows.
Thank you for the info, I'll check the PDF file.
Appreciate 0