XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-30-2020, 06:27 PM   #45
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
Wow, hope mine comes now since I bought the same one! Been waiting 5 days without shipping info. Let me know how the no show process goes and if it ends up arriving.
Will do...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #46
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbofraggins View Post
Finally pulled the trigger today after over doing my research....

Grabbed this one with all the bells and whistles...including the 1920x720 screen with the Black surround...internal (no dongle) carplay etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...4ced4c4dwgzlN4

They can be had for a pretty good price right now particularly if you stay with
the 1280x480....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c00T11QIn&mp=1
Hi - My Car is CIC X5 E70. Will this module work with my Car? Sorry a complete newbie. Also does any one know any installer near NYC?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #47
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu001 View Post
Quote:
Finally pulled the trigger today after over doing my research....

Grabbed this one with all the bells and whistles...including the 1920x720 screen with the Black surround...internal (no dongle) carplay etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...4ced4c4dwgzlN4

They can be had for a pretty good price right now particularly if you stay with
the 1280x480....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...11QIn&mp=1
Hi - My Car is CIC X5 E70. Will this module work with my Car? Sorry a complete newbie. Also does any one know any installer near NYC?
Hi All - I too bought it now. Have you guys got the u it? How is the installation going?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #48
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu001 View Post
Hi All - I too bought it now. Have you guys got the u it? How is the installation going?
I ordered on 5/24. On 6/2 they added a tracking # which doesn't seem to be active yet.

Wondering if Bilbofraggins has any updates on his tracking or claim submitted?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #49
Aferanova
Private
Rep

Quote:
I ordered on 5/24. On 6/2 they added a tracking # which doesn't seem to be active yet.

I think what these sellers on aliexpress do is order the units from the manufacturer when we place an order, then they ship to us once they receive them.

It seems it consistently takes them over a week to ship. In my case I ordered on 5/24. Seller put in a tracking number just before the deadline when aliexpress would refund for not shipping. That tracking number wasn’t found at all. Then on 6/4, seller changed the tracking number - apparently to a real one that now has info.

Not sure any explanation other than they don’t keep any in stock and are buying once they receive orders.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:09 AM   #50
Aferanova
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think what these sellers on aliexpress do is order the units from the manufacturer when we place an order, then they ship to us once they receive them.

It seems it consistently takes them over a week to ship. In my case I ordered on 5/24. Seller put in a tracking number just before the deadline when aliexpress would refund for not shipping. That tracking number wasn’t found at all. Then on 6/4, seller changed the tracking number - apparently to a real one that now has info.

Not sure any explanation other than they don’t keep any in stock and are buying once they receive orders.
They must also be getting these units EXTREMELY CHEAP somewhere. I had asked the seller for additional discount and they said they couldn’t because of extremely expensive shipping. Now that I have real shipping info I see it’s coming fedex intl priority from Shanghai. With the weight, the estimated shipping cost is $225!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 09:10 AM   #51
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
....Not sure any explanation other than they don't keep any in stock and are buying once they receive orders.
I just assumed they are built to order...I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same MFG for all North American (NA) sellers...of course some NA sellers could request different specs. IDK

My AVIN and 4x4 Shop were both shipped from China.

Last edited by argento; 06-05-2020 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #52
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep

So it took them about 9 days to put a "fake" tracker and 11 days since order to put a real tracker. Your logic makes sense that they are buying it from someone and onward selling it. Looks like my order was accepted on May31st. I will update when I have my shipping info.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #53
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I initially had my refund request rejected,,,but checking in today I read this...

Dear XXXXX,

The dispute (order id: 801333552741XXXX ) has been closed today and we have made a mediation.

You can log in to <http://trade.aliexpress.com/issue/issueDetail.htm?issueId=40276694240XXXX> to check the details.

Since you didn't receive the package within the purchase protection days and both of you didn't reach any agreement, we will support you the refund request according to our rule. Your payment is expected to return to your credit card within 3-20 working days. Please be patient to your bank statements.

Problems with the order:
Judgement from AE
Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit Valid -

Package Information
AliExpress Shipping EX2179822XXXX -In Transit
Final resolution: Full refund 599.26 CAD

Reminder: Normally buyer will receive the refund in 3-20 business days.

Please spare a few minutes to provide feedback on the service I have provided. We strive on improving our performance consistently, and feedback ratings help us evaluate our performance further.

Thank you for your cooperation and support, and hope you have a great experience shopping with AliExpress. Your understanding and cooperation will be appreciated.

Best regards,

AliExpress Case Management Team"

So it seems the item may be in-transit (there has been no change to the shipping information for weeks I should add - My unit was supposed to be here 23 May)...But we should be expecting a refund.....

I have received refunds on a couple items before and so I have some confidence.

More to follow...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #54
argento
Captain
Rep

Sorry to hear, what a pain.
      06-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #55
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep

Very annoying. Let me see if mine ever ships.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 01:31 PM   #56
Aferanova
Private
Rep

Sorry to hear that!

My unit which i believe is the same seller as yours arrived today. I ordered the 1920x720 with wireless carplay.

If anyone has answers, i had a few questions:
1 - Do we have to use the supplied microphone, or can we have it use the built in car's microphone?
2 - Do the USB's have to be installed / used considering using the wireless carplay?
3 - Is this antenna for the wireless carplay? or is this possibly for the bluetooth or something else? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wso...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #57
Aferanova
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that!
3 - Is this antenna for the wireless carplay? or is this possibly for the bluetooth or something else? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wso...ew?usp=sharing
I see in other listings that antenna is for wifi. Not sure the best location to install that? Still curious about this microphone that was included.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #58
argento
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that!

My unit which i believe is the same seller as yours arrived today. I ordered the 1920x720 with wireless carplay.

1 - Do we have to use the supplied microphone, or can we have it use the built in car's microphone?
2 - Do the USB's have to be installed / used considering using the wireless carplay?

Thanks!

1. I would use your car's microphone. IF it doesn't work, then you can use supplied. I didn't get a microphone in my package...but I haven't confirmed a phone call yet...car's been in the garage since Mar, with drives in the neighborhood every week or so to get to temp.
2. I think it depends on whether you got the optional wireless carplay. If you didn't, then you need the carplay dongle connected to USB. With wireless, and iOS, there is an app in the monitor called ZLink...and I set it to open each time phone is connected via BT.
3. I received that antenna and I thought it was for the TV option I ordered (and didn't install). It's not required for nominal usage...at least I didn't need it.
      06-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #59
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that!

Thanks!
Good to hear...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #60
Aferanova
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
1. I would use your car's microphone. IF it doesn't work, then you can use supplied. I didn't get a microphone in my package...but I haven't confirmed a phone call yet...car's been in the garage since Mar, with drives in the neighborhood every week or so to get to temp.
2. I think it depends on whether you got the optional wireless carplay. If you didn't, then you need the carplay dongle connected to USB. With wireless, and iOS, there is an app in the monitor called ZLink...and I set it to open each time phone is connected via BT.
3. I received that antenna and I thought it was for the TV option I ordered (and didn't install). It's not required for nominal usage...at least I didn't need it.
Apparently what I thought was a microphone was actually a speaker for the nav. I’m planning on not using it since I heard others didn’t need it.

I saw somewhere by default it would use its built in microphone rather than the cars? And if you want to use the cars for the android side you need to get an adapter to run it to the new head unit.

Any experience with these?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #61
argento
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Apparently what I thought was a microphone was actually a speaker for the nav. I’m planning on not using it since I heard others didn’t need it.

I saw somewhere by default it would use its built in microphone rather than the cars? And if you want to use the cars for the android side you need to get an adapter to run it to the new head unit.

Any experience with these?

I guess not, sorry. I haven't received or called anyone yet...and on my old unit I used the oem side for calls. I went through the manual and a lot of ambiguous information on MICS...but I don't think we have the exact same unit...
      06-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #62
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Will do...
Refund received...

Here we go again
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #63
argento
Captain
Rep

Aw man...sorry to hear
      06-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #64
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep

My unit still has not shipped. Today is day 10. They asked to extend the shipping deadline. Not very hopeful. Will ask for refund in a few days.

Jvirgi - did they ship via fedex for you?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 01:02 PM   #65
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Rich, can you confirm whether your 677 Audio system did or did not have Optical Cables (MOST)?
Sorry I think I missed this reply...

My e70 has fiber optic cables in the system (has one to the CD changer, and the disconnect in the passenger footwell cover).

It does not have USB in the AUX which might be a quick way to tell.

It however isn't the same as my e90 where the aux cable goes directly to the rear amplifier without going into the radio.

I think the difference is if the aux connection goes to the amp or to the radio.

-Rich
argento527.50
      06-12-2020, 08:40 PM   #66
subbu001
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Refund received...

Here we go again
Oh well. My order did not ship and the processing time expired.
Bilboftaggins - where are you thinking of ordering from? Tempted to just order from 4x4 Shop. Any other suggestions from others?
Appreciate 0