View Single Post
      11-28-2022, 07:28 PM   #292
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

FWIW: Dinan Spring Install Ride Height Update:

After replacing my rear air springs this month (Nov.2022) my ride heights have finally settled and are accurate and repeatable values. In the FRONT I'm at a ride height of of 727mm (measured from the lower rim lip through center cap to the fender per ISTA+). I don't think I ever measured the pre-install ride height accurately, but suffice to say it's a minimum of 0.5" drop and maximum of 0.75" drop. The REAR is a bit more complicated b/c I was trying to get it just right during install, but with rear air springs compromised (unbeknownst to me) it was a moving target. I caved and just took it in and had them adjust the rear to 718mm (measured from the lower rim lip to the fender per ISTA+). The 718mm was based on, again, math with bad air springs. With new air springs and now a steady ride height the rear ultimately sits 1/4" below the front. Honestly, it looks good enough to leave as-is. Taking measurements per ISTA+ removes the parked surface from the equation...while my garage looks flat, it's not.