Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
It's not the X6M, but more fun drone photos at the Drive EV meetup this weekend
very nice, I tried to take photos and videos from drone at one of our recent events but apparently we were near local airport and it wouldn't let me fly! there was an option to override those settings but I had to go to DJI website for additional stuff (not sure exactly what it was, I know I'm registered with DJI but didn't have a chance to investigate more)
couple other guys with drones were able to fly and apparently they were able to override those settings....

on u previous comments about gimbal, thanks a lot that helped big time! I don't remember if I was in the Sport mode or not (don't think so) either way pictures came out alright (will take note on the mode next time flying)

I think at this point I tired few things:
1. manual flying, still need to learn to be more gentle with controller
2. quick shot (or snapshot), works well (need to make sure that I'm high enough, above all the trees, building, power lines etc.)
3. active track, doesn't work as well as I expected it to work, seems to loose me and my car (maybe I need to get higher again)

4. I know there are other options I want to try for example the one similar to quick shot, flying away in circles?

if you can send me that FB link for the drone group I'll appreciate it
Appreciate 1
bandwagn232.00