vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I have it but not happy that it’s almost double of what it used to cost. However, in that time I have received packages faster than I used to.
I think the trick is to ensure you order items that are directly from Amazon. I very rarely order an item from another vendor in Amazon because of the issues of not knowing when something gets shipped or will arrive.
^^^^^^ This.

Amazon finally built a distribution warehouse in our area about two years ago, and it immediately made most of our two-day deliveries into overnight by using their own (or contracted) delivery vans instead of relying on USPS, FedEx, or UPS for our deliveries.

Interesting thing that started in July is that some items qualify for early morning (4 AM - 8 AM) delivery if they cost more than $25.00. I tried it on one order just to see if they could actually pull it off, and sure enough OCD psycho dog was going bonkers at 4:15 AM the next morning when they arrived to make the delivery. Considering that I don't live in an urban area where they can do same-day deliveries, I'm impressed with early morning delivery for my Prime membership fee.

When I buy stuff, I always search with the Prime delivery checkbox enabled to cut most of the third-party vendor cruft out of my results. If a third-party vendor is the only option, then I pick one that's shipped/fulfilled by Amazon since I feel more confident with the item being stored in Amazon's warehouses and not shipping from China.....