12-02-2022, 06:45 PM   #155
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Lol your killing nothing, you suffer from NPD my friend, your like a mini Kanye West.

You have and will always lose this argument as your foundation is flawed and you don't understand the world you speak of. When it comes to straight line performance, the future will be hybrid. Even if solid state batteries come out tomorrow, we are just going to take them and add them to our existing ICE powered cars with motors inserted into the drivetrain. In fact entire aftermarket kits are already coming for this. The torque converter is perfect to replace with a motor as well as a driveshaft intercept.

Yes let's revisit this thread every year. Think EV's might be able to get into the top 200 fastest car list in a few years? Not holding my breath though.

Your future is rolling up next to a sweet 60's muscle car hybrid, then hearing it's fire breathing engine spark up as the fear sinks in your stomach knowing he is faster then you as he already knows EXACTLY how fast you are since you can't mod your car.

Hey you didn't answer my question, what city do you live in? I need your help checking my tail lights to make sure they stay lit through the 1/4mile. My car is old and has a ton of miles on it and I need your help and your slow ass model 3 you think is God's gift to the automotive wold will give you the perfect view point.

I'll do you a solid and cover up my physical buttons and contoured leather dash since you just have a plank of wood and eBay tablet for dash, I don't want to hurt your feelings.

It's hard to debate with someone who can't even use the word, "YOU'RE" correctly. It's you're not your. Idk, it's one of my pet peeves.

Thing is, you actually don't have an argument here. You're running around circles off scenarios and your own thoughts that have nothing to do with what i'm saying. You're typing so much to distract others who are reading into thinking you have something here. And even if you did, everyone else posting is anti-ev so it doesn't even matter if you are right or wrong, they'll all say, "yes sir!!" to you at anything you say.

I'll keep it simple. A simple one shot deal to end your argument.

So the gas ban is 2035 correct? Or so they say? Some car makers are suggesting even as early as 2030 that their fleet will consist of at least 50% EV's right? That part is clear.

How many car makers are ditching of even going hybrid and going straight to EV? Lotus? Ferrari? lambo? You're talking about hybrid but what year are you looking at? Next year?

Use the years 2030-2035 and show me where i am wrong.

There will be a gigantic swing of EV vs ICE on the road when you project how the car world is shifting given the mandates and the moves (goals) each car maker has.

In terms of performance. EV has already arrived. A fucking 4 door 140k car is destroying everything in sight. We live in america. It's about 0-60, HP and straight line speed. So you can save your track talk for another time. Because when it comes to these metrics, THAT IS WHAT'S GOING TO SELL THE CAR. Hence it's success.

The ev hummer, sold out instantly. The lightning, sold out instantly. When the plaid first rolled out, people couldn't even get one. They had to wait a year. People are STILL WAITING a year, to get a 4 door plaid. About the same time people are waiting for 85k M3/M4's.

The desire and interest has shifted towards this EV movement.

The only way my argument is toast, is when we all wake up one morning, go on the interwebzzzzz and read, "EV is BEING PUSHED BACK, mandates are now 2050. The WORLD IS NOT READY for an EV push".

Until the above happens, there's really nothing you can say that has your argument valid. You're just saying a bunch of stuff to make it sound good to those reading so they can be like, "yeah man!! You really told BGM!!".

Because quite frankly, i am still killing this debate.