11-27-2020, 02:17 AM   #7
slovakE70
Enlisted Member
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
That test won't help you much, if the solenoid was completely dead you would get an error within a minute of startup. If you have a decent laptop, I really recommend you download ISTA and pickup a DCAN cable so you can test. The Tests In ISTA were extensive and showed me that the other three solenoids on my engine were getting out of spec too even though they had not thrown codes yet so I just replaced them all. It shows you live data as it tests of the cam advance/retard it is requesting vs actual. You can recalibrate it after installing new Solenoids too which is recommended. Amazon has the DCAN cables I can find a link to the one I use which as worked excellent. I downloaded from bimmergeeks

With ISTA you will have access to all of the BMW workshop manuals again. It's kinda of a pain to install and learn but worth it.

Yep bank 2 is drivers side.
Yeah it would be nice to have ISTA, but installing it and make it run is way beyond my computer skill level, lol.
Maybe if there exist some detailed steb by step manual i would give it a shot. As it looks like to have it is a must when owning a N63 haha.
Appreciate 0