View Single Post
      09-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #25
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
Well, finally got it... the vbands didn't line up so I had to do a lot of pushing and pulling and twisting the pipes. I had to take off the exhaust hangers again to get them to finally sit even close to right. I still had to really fight to get the vbands on and tightened. Hope they aren't leaking. Took the car for a victory cruise after and immediately forgot what it took to get there. I left the lower heat shields off, at least for now... I still have to reinstall the vacuum canisters and the mount for the hoses. This basically took me all weekend, but I was burdened with people visiting, (not to help) and missing/breaking tools. All worth it in the end though! Learned a lot about my x5M and it was fun, except when it wasn't.
Awesome! Sorry I missed your earlier question. I never had issues with the clamps until replacing the turbos. Driver side went on easy but passenger side hated me...I ruined two v band clamps trying to get them on. I think I may have slightly miss aligned the turbo when reinstalling...or at least as much as you can since they have to line up with the manifold to even attach...maybe 2mm off made it a PITA. I’m sure the coating didn’t help either. You can rotate the clamp until the bolt is at the 12 o clock and squeeze it together with channel lock pliers...make sure the bolt goes in without stripping then try to rotate inward a bit. I’m glad you made it work
Appreciate 1
9vapors650.00