06-28-2021, 09:40 AM   #49
XRatedM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' X5M - 19' VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Looking good! Did this solve your clunk noise?
It actually didn't, and I'm suspecting it to be the strut mouths. Not sure if X5M have similar bump stop and other components like X5 that deteriorate over time. I'll do some more digging and replace those and I plan on doing a suspension refresh for front and rear to tighten up the ride.

Your truck has low miles but if you know of any pain/failure points in general, please do share with me.

My truck slightly smokes on idle, oil level is correct, no major drops as such - not sure what may be causing it. I'm certain it's not the valve stem seals, because there's no smoke at cold start, no huge puff after long idle, but it does smoke when you revved. I inspected CCV components and everything looks fine (I replaced the entire CCV system including oil separators) - So i'm looking towards turbo oil return lines (saw a lot of gunk with endoscope, mostly because of turbo coolant line leaks). I did see some oil in turbo compressor housing, heat exchangers, boost solenoids, etc. so I'm guessing it's either the turbos or it's oil return lines.
Appreciate 0