06-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #61
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by srey View Post
You're not wrong in your assessment. I have accepted and embraced that EVs are the future. I personally dislike Tesla for a few reasons.

1. Styling just isn't my taste. They look like older Mazda 6's to me. I hate the massive screen in the center stack, but I need to accept that all cars are going that route. I don't like Tesla's take on minimalist interior styling; not because it's different, but because it doesn't fit the driver-focused aesthetic I prefer.

2. I dislike Musk. I hate his antics on social media, the way he uses pre-orders as interest free loans, etc.

3. I respect and admire the way Tesla has been a major disruptor in the automotive industry, both in terms of drivetrains as well as delivery model. I hate how many new Tesla owners who are not traditionally car guys start showing up at cars and coffee strutting like a big dick in the locker room because they likely have the fastest car there, yet they know nothing about cars, the enthusiast community, and seem to only be there to show off what money can buy despite ignorance.

So that's where I'm at with Tesla. Can't wait for more established manufacturers to release more EV models. Too bad all cars, electric and otherwise, transmit so much data now. That's an industry-wide trend that really annoys me.
Here is an interesting interview with the head of design at Bugatti. Tesla and Musk reminds me of the old Apple ad about the crazy ones….you can mock them, hate them…but you can't ignore them, because they change the world.

This interview is not about Tesla, but the context in which Elon Musk brought up is interesting. Others are DaVinci and Daft Punk!

I understand a lot of people here look down on Tesla, reminds me of how many did the same with Apple and Jobs back in the day. Only time will tell.

I don't know if anyone follows audio. But Paul McGowan from PS Audio has a pretty well known channel that audiophiles follow and the one car he mentioned with excellent audio (best in his experience) is the Tesla Model S.

So while we are making fun of Tesla, they are slowing changing the industry. JMHO.
Appreciate 0