View Single Post
      06-22-2021, 11:42 AM   #59
srey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
LOL. Teleport back 10 years and tell someone electric family sedans will come within 5-6 seconds of the fastest cars money can buy on a track. Their reaction would probably be "Holy shit, that's cool!"

Perhaps instead if you say they'll be just as fast...'DurR nO wAy eVs sUcK pUt tHe SaMe DrIveR iN bOtH cArS tHeN sEe wHaTs faSteR!"

Many of the people who pretend to dislike Teslas also drive SUVs never filled to the brim or lifted trucks which never see unpaved roads. People do shit with cars they were never designed to do all the time...who cares. They're electric family sedans for chrissakes, not performance cars. They just happen to be faster than anything else. That in and of itself should be enough for any "car guy" to think they're pretty damn cool. Instead, it's a threat to their ego down to the core.

I promise it doesn't bother me that my 765 or 2RS will be the 2nd and 3rd fastest cars I have once the Plaid is here...but some of you sure are upset.
You're not wrong in your assessment. I have accepted and embraced that EVs are the future. I personally dislike Tesla for a few reasons.

1. Styling just isn't my taste. They look like older Mazda 6's to me. I hate the massive screen in the center stack, but I need to accept that all cars are going that route. I don't like Tesla's take on minimalist interior styling; not because it's different, but because it doesn't fit the driver-focused aesthetic I prefer.

2. I dislike Musk. I hate his antics on social media, the way he uses pre-orders as interest free loans, etc.

3. I respect and admire the way Tesla has been a major disruptor in the automotive industry, both in terms of drivetrains as well as delivery model. I hate how many new Tesla owners who are not traditionally car guys start showing up at cars and coffee strutting like a big dick in the locker room because they likely have the fastest car there, yet they know nothing about cars, the enthusiast community, and seem to only be there to show off what money can buy despite ignorance.

So that's where I'm at with Tesla. Can't wait for more established manufacturers to release more EV models. Too bad all cars, electric and otherwise, transmit so much data now. That's an industry-wide trend that really annoys me.
Appreciate 5
..Rush..973.50
kyriian883.50
Teutonic2709.00
P111572.00
arashir164.00