Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
I measured just under a 7/8" drop in the rear at 70.5mm rods...center bore to arch. That's with it running and no occupants. The front initially varied with only about 3/8" drop, but the springs are still settling and it's at the shop now for the ride height calibration.

=====>
Other work while there...Upper and Lower oil pan leaks, intercooler reservoir hose leak behind the front bumper, rear door lock actuators (finally failed for someone to see), new front tires (all on backorder at discount or tirerack, bmw checking emergency stock), emergency brake adjust, and alignment. Also, thanks to Sophisticated Redneck for his post on the oil pump chain, since we're already there, having that checked to confirm it's not loose.

Also, my Zurick Comprehensive Exclusionary warranty approved covering all the leaks and lock actuators...FWIW I'm really impressed with this warranty. They work directly with the SA and pay BMW directly, I only have to pay my $100 deductible at pickup. The documents also claim to cover emergency roadside (within limits), rental reimbursement, trip interruption, and it's transferable. It ends next spring, but I called them and there are no issues with buying another contract once this one expires. The max mileage they cover is 150k and 15years old from date of inquiry. This service alone covers what I paid, but have also used it a couple times prior w/no hassles. For those interested, it's not available at every bmw dealership, though I got mine from Minetonka BMW at purchase. You'll have to call Zurich and they'll find a dealership in your area that carries the warranty and you can purchase from them...
If you're doing the oil pan gasket replacements, be sure to ensure that your tech primes them prior to running the engine. Can potentially be a source of future issues down the line.
Appreciate 1
argento538.00