04-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMan View Post
You should be able to figure it out by having someone put it in reverse (with parking brake on!), then putting your finger over each sensor. If it's working, you will feel a faint pulsing.
Ditto this...a google search should bring up some past solutions to this issue since PDC has been around since the 1990s...somebody somewhere has had to ask this same question (and they have).

I recommend instead of putting the vehicle in reverse (to initiate PDC)...you can also initiate PDC by just pressing the button. This way the vehicle will be in PARK...and you can still set the parking brake for extra protection (if you want)...especially if no one will be inside the car with their foot on the brake. Then proceed to each sensor to see which one may have failed.

If memory serves me correct...I believe you can also put your ear up to the sensors to see if they are making a clicking sound. If it's clicking, the sensor is OK...if it's not clicking, then you've found your culprit. If you have or know someone that has a stethoscope...even better! But again, a simple google search should reveal what many BMW owners in the past have done in this situation to diagnose which PDC sensor has given up the ghost.

Good luck.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-23-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0